I try to make my closet a good variety of expensive and more affordable items. I’ve started a save vs. splurge series over on Instagram and wanted to share some today!
Have you seen my save vs. splurge series on Instagram? I compare a more expensive item to a “dupe” or a “save” version and give my opinion on what’s better.
You can see an example of a video RIGHT HERE. Today I wanted to take this series to the blog and show you some of my most popular comparisons.
Save Vs. Splurge
BLACK CHELSEA BOOTS – $100 | AMAZON BLACK BOOTS – $40
- These black chelsea boots are my favorite purchase from the last few years. I actually own the older version which has since been discontinued, but either way, this style of boot has been a staple in my closet during the fall and winter months. I have posts on how to style them HERE, HERE, and HERE.
- But if their cost is out of your price range, I found a good alternative that are only $40!
MADEWELL BROWN CHELSEA BOOTS – $158 | AMAZON BROWN BOOTS – $40
- I searched high and low to find a good brown version of the Chelsea Boots I loved so much. These are my favorite that I’ve found – comfortable, beautiful brown color, and a good shape and fit.
- But if the price is more than you want to spend, Amazon has a good alternative for only $40!
BUDHA GIRLS BRACELETS – $125 | AMAZON GOLD BANGLES – $10
- These gold bangles are one of my favorite accessories. They’re a soft pliable material so they don’t clank together when you move around, and they’re very comfortable. They also make every outfit look just a little nicer and more chic, in my opinion.
- But the price is pretty high, so here’s an alternative for $10. Definitely not the same quality, but a similar look!
JCREW DRESS COAT – $298 | AMAZON DRESS COAT – $84
- I bought this J.Crew Coat at J.Crew last year and wore it all winter long and am absolutely obsessed with the fit and shape and length. It’s now at J.Crew Factory with different buttons, but the style and fabric is the same. (You can see me wearing it HERE and I wear a size 0).
- If it’s a little too expensive for you, try this Amazon dress coat. I own this one as well and love it, but it’s definitely cheaper material. You can see me wearing it HERE and I’m in a size XS).
SPANX LEATHER LEGGINGS – $98 (code MERRICKXSPANX for 10% off) | TARGET LEATHER LEGGINGS – $18
- I love wearing my spanx leather leggings – they’re super comfy and hold you in and don’t look plasticky. I have a post styling them RIGHT HERE. Even with my 10% off code (MERRICKXSPANX) they are still pricey.
- If they’re above your price range, these Target leather leggings are only $18.
BLACK MARY JANE HEELS – $225 | FAMOUS FOOTWEAR HEELS – $59
- I’ve had more questions about these heels than basically anything ever. Every time I wear them I get a barrage of questions asking for links. And truly they’re stunning and so comfortable. I wear them at least once a week. You can see me wearing them RIGHT HERE. But they are super pricey!
- These ones are similar, and under $60!
MADEWELL LEATHER BAG – $158 | KOHLS BAG -$52
- This is by far my most worn bag year round. It’s the perfect size and the strap can be swapped out if you want. You can see me wearing it RIGHT HERE.
- If it’s out of your price range, this bag is similar and much more affordable!
MADEWELL DEMI BOOTCUT JEANS – $138 | OLD NAVY DEMI BOOTCUT JEANS – $50
- I’ve been raving about these jeans for months and so many of you have bought them that they’ve sold out at Nordstrom and Madewell and Zulily! But they’re fantastic and such a good shape. They’re super comfy and I wear them constantly. You can see me wearing them HERE, and they run big so size down one size.
- Since they’re mostly sold out, here’s a more affordable version from Old Navy!
I hope this was helpful! Should we do a part two??