I share a lot of different things on my blog and Instagram…but, not everything can be my very favorite. Here are my top 10 favorite purchases from the year!
RED TOP | EXPRESS JEANS (similar here) | SEZANE HEELS (similar here) | RED LIPSTICK (color: real red)
I love sharing my favorite things, and also reading about other’s favorite things. I’ve shared my top purchases of the year for the last few years (you can see the 2021 list HERE, )Here’s a list of the best things I bought and used this year. Hopefully, you’ll try and love these in the new year!
1. Ilia Mascara
- I tried this mascara for the first time this summer and immediately loved it. The brush is unique and great for applying, it’s dark and thick but doesn’t get clumpy, and it never falls or transfers during the day even in crazy Texas humidity. It’s a winner mascara, if you’re looking for a new one!
2. Express Coated Jeans
- I raved about these jeans over and over for the last 4 months and sadly finally sold out. But they were maybe my #1 purchase of the entire year. They’re comfy and soft and don’t look plasticky, but give a chic leather look. If they ever come back in stock (Express said they don’t have plans to currently) I’ll be sure to let you know.
3. Bombas Socks
- I switched over to Bombas socks this year after working them on a campaign and falling in love with their socks. They are beyond soft and comfy and stretchy, and they’re my favorite ever for running.
4. Dime Beauty Blue Facial Oil
- This has been my favorite addition to my skincare routine this year. It helps combat acne and smooth fine lines,and gives you an amazing glow. My code MERRICK always works for 20% off, if you want to try it!
5. Sezane heels
- I really really love shoes, and these were my favorite shoes that I added to my closet this year. They are easy to dress up or down, wear with jeans or fancy dresses, and they’re so comfy. The more rounded toe is still flattering, and the block heel makes them really easy to walk in!
6. Olive and June nail polish remover pot
- If you haven’t tried Olive and June’s nail polish, you must! It’s so good and they have lots of really smart tools to make painting your nails at home easy. This nail polish remover pot is only $10 and is one of my new favorite things! Just stick your finger in, swirl it around, and the polish comes right off — it’s like magic. If you want to try out the whole Olive and June starter kit, my code MerrickW20 works for 20% off!
7. Anthropologie earrings
- I bought these earrings in the fall and have worn them at least three times a week since then. Sadly they sold out, but if they come back I’ll be sure to tell you. They’re super oversized but still very lightweight, and add such a fun touch to any outfit.
8. Ilia bronzer
- I started using this bronzer this year and I’m obsessed with it. It’s super pigmented so a little goes a long way, and I love that it’s a clean beauty brand! I use the color “drawn in.”
- My friend, Lisa, started this company this year, and it’s really delicious green drinks that come in powder packets to be added to water. I have at least one everyday, and they’re a great way to curb cravings and get your greens in. My code MERRICK works for 10% off. I do the non-caffeinated BetterGreens.
Ok, probably TMI, but this is the best personal lubricant ever. Trust me. Philip and I started using it this year and we both are big fans. You can use code MERRICK for 15% off, or 30MERRICK for 30% off bundles, gift sets, or singles!
A few bonus favorite products from the girls on my team
- This has been a game changer for me! I love the look of a layered collar and sweater but hate when it feels hot and bulky with so much fabric. I love wearing this underneath sweaters and crewneck sweatshirts for a dressy layered look, while still being comfortable.
- This is one of the only clips I’ve found that holds all my hair and holds it well. I’ve worn it countless days both dressed up with cute earrings or just studying at home.
- I love to hike and this simple, affordable crossbody has been so useful! It fits my keys, phone, chapstick, and sunglasses perfectly without being bulky.
- I’ve barely taken these off all year- hiking, swimming, showering, and sleeping and they’ve never tarnished or changed color. They’re a great simple staple at an incredible price!
Gel Nail Kit
- I love having my nails done and with this kit I can get a professional look from home! The nails always last close to two weeks, never chip, and don’t smudge since they dry instantly under the light!
Hatch Rest +
- Ok, this is technically for kids/babies, but I truly don’t know how I’ve lived without it. I use it for a nighttime sound machine for my two boys (ages 5 and 3) and then as a “time to wake” symbol for them – I can program it to turn green at a certain time and that’s their signal they can get out of bed!
- This was actually my last purchase of 2021. Now, I’m a Nike girl through and through but I have loved loved loved my Ultraboosts. I only like the “Ultraboost 22 Running Shoe” and bought myself two more colors in 2022 and wear them constantly.
KnockedUp Fitness Membership
- I had a great workout routine at the beginning of the year, then got pregnant and sick and fell off the wagon. This is a pilates-focused membership to do during pregnancy and I LOVE IT! I did it with my second baby as well and had very minimal tearing during birth and I swear it’s thanks to this program. She breaks downs the workouts by weeks of pregnancy and has helped me feel so ready to give birth again.
Redmond Real Salt Electrolytes
- I had a trainer introduce me to these at the beginning of the year and am forever hooked. These are clean, natural electrolytes. They are quite salty, but I’ve grown to love the taste. These were great when I was intermittent fasting and were awesome for after hard workouts, but they also were a lifesaver for pregnancy headaches and dizziness. My favorite flavors are pina colada and watermelon lime.
- I asked my husband to rub my feet so much, and this eventually showed up at my doorstep. It is seriously so good and I look forward to laying in bed and using it at the end of every day!
- Merrick gifted me this dress in the spring and it’s truly one of my favorite dresses I’ve ever owned! It grew with me during pregnancy (I got my normal size medium). I am for sure buying some more colors post-baby – it’s a forever classic dress!
IF YOU LIKED THIS POST, YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: