Our new home is nearly finished, and today I’m excited to show you the living room!
Our transitional living room is maybe my very favorite space in the whole house. It’s finally finished, and I’m excited to share it with you today!
This transitional living room is simple and happy
Our living room was one of the first spaces that we designed when we built this home. It’s a transitional living room style, with nods to traditional elements, like the dark hardwood floors, a classic black piano, rich brown leather chairs, shelves of hardback books, exposed wood beams on the ceiling, and an subtly oriental style rug. But then we mixed it with modern elements, like the rainbow pattern in the bookshelf, clean white walls, a light gray sectional couch, and an unexpected wicker coffee table.
Honestly, I’m in love with this room.
The final touches are done and it’s time to share the living room!
It took us a few months to hang the gallery wall, but now it’s finally up and the room is complete. We sit in this room every night in front of the fire and it’s just so calm, relaxing, happy, and peaceful.
I’m excited to share some photos of the room today! Sources for everything are at the bottom of this blog post.
- Leather armchairs (also available HERE)
- Gray couch (also available HERE)
- Woven coffee table (maybe our best purchase for the house – we are obsessed)
- Rainbow books purchased from Half Price Books and previously owned (more details of the rainbow books HERE)
- Black Yamaha piano purchased from a used piano store locally
- Gray coffee table tray
- Gold bowl on the coffee table
- Gray rug (literally hides everything and has held up so well – we’ve had it for 4 years)
- PAINT COLOR: Sherwin Williams “Bright White”
- Brushed nickel ceiling fan
- Coffee table books from Amazon and also Half Price Books
- Leather throw pillows on the couch
- Black and ivory throw pillows on leather chairs (from World Market – not online, but similar ones HERE)
- Temple print
- Dallas map print
If you’re looking for a link and don’t see it, leave a comment!
You might also like: