Bermuda shorts can be tricky to style, so here are a few bermuda shorts outfit ideas and some great shopping options!
Bermuda shorts are tricky to style, but let me share a few tips
Can we all agree that bermuda shorts are hard to style? Yes? Ok, good. But shorts are a necessity during the warm months, and those of us who need the extra length in shorts are presented with a challenge — to make them look good.
So today I’m dedicating a whole post on how to style them and where to buy them.
These are the three basic kinds of bermuda shorts
There are a few styles of bermuda shorts – let’s talk about two of the most common:
- Boyfriend bermuda shorts (usually oversized and distressed)
- Fitted bermuda shorts (these are usually cut from jeans and cuffed, or store-bought with a nice hem)
The key when wearing any of these shorts is to make your outfit look pulled together and purposeful.
By nature, bermuda shorts aren’t super flattering to your leg because they cut off right in the middle. So we need to learn how to make an outfit with shorts look stylish, pretty, and as flattering as possible.
How to style boyfriend Bermuda shorts
- A few tips to wear your bermuda boyfriend shorts:
- With a fitted top. This is most flattering for rectangular and hourglass shapes. The looser fit on bottom will accentuate any fullness in your lower body, so this isn’t the most flattering idea for pear or apple shape.
- Knot your tee. Try it with a basic tee, but add a little finish with a knot in your tee. Also a little knot will tighten up an oversized tee and flattering create a contrast against the looseness of the shorts.
- Feminine tops. Balance out the masculine feel of the shorts by wearing a feminine top. Something eyelet, lace, ruffled, pleated, or lace up is perfect.
- Structured tops. A crisp button down offsets the casual boyfriend shorts, like I did above, and creates a really clean and modern look. If your tee doesn’t tie in front like mine, half tuck or fully tuck it in for an effortless vibe.
photos via pinterest
Shop a few favorite boyfriend bermuda shorts below
How to wear fitted bermuda shorts
- Here are a few tips when styling your fitted bermuda shorts
- These are the hardest pair to style because they can easily get frumpy really easily. Avoid super basic tees, and instead go with a button down, a blouse, or another shirt that looks purposeful. If you want to wear a t-shirt, go with one that has some shape and a cute pattern, and then thrown on a hat or a pair of wedges to complete your look.
- These also look great with a belt and a looser top tucked in, or a top half tucked.
shop a few good fitted bermuda shorts below