I love setting goals in the new year! These are a few of my goals for 2023, plus a free printable goal chart.
My 2023 Goals
Happy New Year! I love setting goals in the new year to stretch myself and add good things to my life.
Today I wanted to share a few of my goals for 2023. When I set my goals, I try to have a mix of social goals, spiritual goals, financial goals, physical goals, and educational goals. I have a whole list of goals that I’ve set with Philip and for myself, and I wanted to share a few of the goals from my list!
Check out my free printable goal sheet
If you want to set goals or help your family set goals for 2023, I have a free printable goal chart in THIS POST.
A few of my goals for 2023
1. Read 24 non fiction books. Over the summer, two of the girls on my Merrick’s Art team got me hooked on chick-lit books, and since then I’ve listened to around 50 audiobooks. These fluffy books have been so fun and brought lots of happiness and fun to my life, but I also want to make sure I’m still fitting in the business, religious, and self improvement books that I want to read. I’m all about having a balance! So I’m making a goal to listen to 2 non fiction books per month this year. I need to make a whole list of the non-fiction books that I want to read, but first on my list is Shoe Dog by Phil Knight. Also, I want to keep track of my books on Goodreads so I can look back and see what I’ve read this year.
2. 12 times to the temple. Last year I made a goal to go the temple 12 times. The temple is about 40 minutes from our house, and with a full time job and carpool and life, it was hard to fit in regular trips. But making this goal last year pushed me to make it happen, and I did it! Some months I even made it there twice. It was such a blessing in my life to go, and I’m determined to keep the momentum and go at least 12 times in 2023.
3. Prep better for mornings so things go more smoothly and work starts by 9:30am. One of my biggest challenges of working from home is getting my mornings to run smoothly and efficiently. Because I don’t have to be into work at a certain time, it’s easy for me to get distracted and dive into things that take my time and push back my morning. I wake up before 6am every day, and then suddenly it’s 11:00 and I’m finally done with my workout and ready for the day and I’m like, “what just happened to all those hours since 6am?!” My biggest issue is not fully prepping my morning instagram content, so I spend the time doing that and then get sucked into answering messages and then my morning is shot. My goal is to have everything prepped and scheduled the day before so I don’t get sucked into social media or editing at the last minute in the morning.
4. Yoga 3 days a week, longer stretching everyday. I got a back spasm over Christmas break and it took me down for an entire day, and took almost a week to get back to normal. It was so painful! Stretching and yoga were the things that helped the very most, and I realized that lack of stretching after running and strength training (I do a quick cool down but not as much stretching as I should) is probably what put me at risk for the spasm in the first place. So I’m going to do yoga 3 days per week to make sure all those muscles get stronger and looser. I’m using the Sweat App for yoga – it’s the same app I’ve used for strength training the last 5 years!
5. Create YouTube content. I produced a ton of video content on instagram in 2022 on Reels, and this year I’m going to put some attention into YouTube with more content over there. I’m excited and have some big plans…I cannot wait to share!
6. Post regularly on TikTok. I posted a little bit on TikTok in 2022, but it certainly wasn’t a focus for me. I didn’t want to just regurgitate all the same content that I’d been doing on Instagram, but I didn’t feel like I had a direction or the bandwidth to produce additional content. But over my Christmas break I’ve had some ideas and I’m excited to put those into action in 2023. I’m @merricksart over there if you want to follow along!
7. Host friends at my house and put together girls nights. As my kids get older, it’s a little easier to sneak away for a girls night, or host people at my house. I do a yearly Favorite Things party at my house in December, and I hosted a Peach Party last summer when peaches were ripe. Both were so fun, and I want to do more things like that this year. I also got two season tickets for the local broadway theater, so that’s built in girls nights with one friend, if my kids or husband don’t want to come. There are so many easy ways to have people over or get girls together, and I want to take better advantage of those opportunities!