I’ve made a few changes to my summer makeup routine. Here’s a little breakdown of the products I’m using for a lightweight glowy look for summer.
A quick and easy, glowy summer makeup routine
During the summer when it’s hot, humid, and we’re spending more time outside and at the pool, I adjust my summer makeup beauty routine.
More sunscreen, less makeup.
Even when I do a “full face,” it’s much lighter than what I wear during the rest of the year.
Here’s what I use for this glowy summer makeup:
- Tan Luxe Drops
- I’ve been hearing about this tanning product for several years and just finally bought this a few weeks ago. Just one or two drops mixed with your face moisturizer gives you just a little bit of color. It looks completely natural and is perfect for my face that’s always lathered in sunscreen so it stays several shades lighter than the rest of my body.
- I get the medium/dark color and use 2-3 drops every 3-4 days.
- In the last few years, I’ve been very consistent about wearing sunscreen everyday to protect my skin. My favorites right now are from Hero Cosmetics (my sister introduced me to this and it has a little green tint to counteract redness, it’s more affordable, and it goes on so smoothly), and Supergoop’s Glow Screen which gives you the most gorgeous slightly tinted glow.
- Wunderbrow brow filler
- This product is a great option for sparse brows — it’s waterproof so your brows don’t come off in the pool, and with tiny brushstrokes it looks very natural. I use the color brunette.
- Lightweight BB Cream
- Contour Palette
- A little bit of contour goes a long way on a summer face. This palette has bronzer, blush, and highlighter to give my face some shape, color, and that summer glow we all want.
- I’ve been using Flekk Cosmetic’s “Flawless” eyeshadow palette for years, and have loved their “Quinlyn” contour palette just as much. Use code MERRICK for 20% off!
- I’ve been using this highlighter for the past six months and I’m obsessed. It gives you an instant super natural glow.
- Mascara primer
- I’ve been using this mascara primer for years – it goes on white and then disappears under black mascara. It gives you fuller, thicker lashes, and helps your mascara not flake off throughout the day.
- This has been my favorite mascara for years, but I just started using this one last year and I maybe like it even better. The former one gives you the most gorgeous full, thick, dark lashes, but it does transfer a little bit to my eyelids when it’s super hot and humid. The latter one gives you almost the same amount of thickness and fullness, but has zero transfer even in the humidity! Highly recommend.
- Makeup setting spray
- Setting spray is a must to help keep your makeup from melting off in the heat! This is a great one.
- Lip Balm
- This is technically a lip sleeping mask, but I use it for daytime too. It gives your lips a super rosy, glowy sheen, it smells and tastes yummy, and keeps your lips super hydrated.
- I have used this eye shadow for YEARS and the “Flawless” palette is my favorite. It’s neutral and great for everyday. I don’t always wear eyeshadow during the summer, but a little color in the crease of my eyelid and a little cat eye liner powder helps lift my eyes.
That’s it! It takes me less than 5 minutes to use all of these products, and it’s nice, lightweight coverage while still making you feel put together.