Statement earrings are such a fun addition to an outfit! But they can be tricky and scary to style, so I’m spilling some tips on how to wear statement earrings today.
Trying to figure out how to wear statement earrings?
Statement earrings are making a comeback, and are a really fun way to add some personality to an outfit. But they can also be scary and intimidating, so here are some simple tips for how to wear your statement earrings.
It’s easy, I promise!
Here are six simple tips for how to wear your statement earrings
1. Statement earrings add personality to a simple or solid colored outfit
- Try your statement earrings with simple outfits, like a little black dress, a plain sweater, a basic tee, or a sweatshirt. They instantly dress up an outfit, and add some personality to a basic outfit.
2. Wear them with your hair up or down
- I love wearing my statement earrings with my hair in a low messy bun, but they’re also great with a high ponytail, straight hair with one side tucked behind your ear, or peeking out from curls. I think they look especially chic for formal events with a low up-do.
3. Statement earrings draw attention up toward your face
- I often recommend wearing statement earrings when you’re wearing bold shoes, or a dress or top with a bold print. Those bold pieces draw attention to that area of your body, so add a pair of statement earrings to draw attention back up to your face. With bold outfits, choose a pair of neutral statement earrings, like gold, silver, black, or white, rather than something wild like bright pink or bright blue (although those can still work too, just be careful that they don’t compete with the rest of your outfit!)
4. Keep the rest of your jewelry minimal
- When you’re wearing statement earrings, let them be the statement. Don’t make them compete with other jewelry in your outfit. You can wear a simple bracelet or a couple of subtle rings, but leave the rest of your jewelry off for the day.
5. Try earrings that match your outfit, or ones that stand out
- There’s no rules here, so have fun and try different earrings that match your outfit (like pink earrings with a pink dress), or try a contrasting color like the white and orange combo in my outfit above.
6. Statement earrings don’t have to be giant to make a statement
- When you think of statement earrings, you might think of earrings that are huge and dangly. But you can absolutely have statement hoops, statement studs, or other more simple and small statement earrings. “Statement” is anything that stands out and makes a statement.
I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite statement earrings below, and today on Instagram I’ll be sharing a new episode of Get Dressed with Merrick with some different statement earring outfits. Make sure you’re following along so you don’t miss it!
If you want to see this advice in action, watch below:
IF YOU LIKED THIS POST, YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE POSTS
Finish your outfit with these 4 easy accessories
How to pair dressy and casual together
How to tie a knot in a shirt (video)
How to style combat boots
So funny, I just published the same kind of post on my blog! I got my new tassel earrings and I can’t stop wearing them, they’re such a perfect statement piece.
The ones you chose for number four are so cute!
Very very cute.
The earrings you’ve linked at sooo cute!! I have a pair of big turquoise triangles that are my go to when I’m looking for something a little bit bold! I can’t wait to try out some more pairs!
I find it awesome that you said that one can pair their statement earrings by either choosing a solid dress top or a t-shirt with a bold print on it. Reading these tips convinced me to find a pair for her friend’s birthday party next week. To get me a pair, I will start by looking through local jewelry shops for inspiration. That way, I can get the outfit ready by next Saturday too.
Great article! You are looking gorgeous. Your earrings are so cute. There are so many styles to try. Thanks for sharing amazing tips to style statement earrings. I am so inspired by you. Thanks for sharing. https://www.hancockssignetrings.com/pendants/oval-pendant/18ct-yellow-gold-oval-pendant
Love your collection. These are beautiful earrings. You look great. I wish to add some of these in my own collection. Thanks a lot for sharing. https://www.tshirtideal.ca/
I enjoyed reading your blog post. Your blog has good information, I have a good idea from this great blog. I am always looking for this type of blog post. Thanks for sharing!
Having some statement earrings with bold shoes sounds like an amazing outfit. That is something me and my friends could get behind. I’ll text them later and see if they want to go get some earrings this weekend.
Hi, Thanks for sharing such an amazing post on Statement Earrings. Above all of these, I was looking was something like this and find this very helpful. Thanks again for sharing such an amazing post! Best Regards.
[…] How to Wear Statement Earrings – Merrick’s Art […]
Do these rules apply to men as well as women?