This week is Better Than Basics week! Today we’re talking all about Better Than Basic summer bottoms. Here are twenty one really great ones.
Do you own a few better than basic summer bottoms?
I’m guessing all of you have jeans and/or shorts in your closet – the super basic summer bottoms that we all own.
Today for day three of the Better Than Basics series, I’m sharing all about BETTER THAN BASIC summer bottoms — pants, shorts, or skirts.
What makes a summer top better than basic?
These are the kinds of bottoms that are a step above your basic jeans. They’re the ones that add fun and personality to your outfits.
Here are some things to look for in a Better Than Basic bottom.
- Fabric – linen pants, denim skirts, flowy skirts, cotton skirts, etc.
- Color – bright or saturated colors are fun and not so basic!
- Print – stripes, polka dots, floral, gingham…lots of options here!
- Shape – wide leg pants, jogger style pants, cropped pants, a-line skirts, pencil skirt…
- Waist details – drawstring waistband, paper bag waist, buttons, belts…
How to wear better than basic bottoms
You can wear Better Than Basic bottoms with Better Than Basic tops (see a bunch of good options here), but also you can wear these kinds of bottoms with basic tops too!
Here are a few examples.
21 Better Than Basic Summer Bottoms
You don’t need a ton of BETTER THAN BASIC bottoms, but adding a few to your closet will help take your outfits from boring to amazing!
IF YOU LIKED THIS POST, YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE POSTS