Not all summer vacations revolved around the beach – we love visiting cities and sightseeing and exploring new areas. Here are some great sightseeing outfits.
Do you have travel plans this summer? I put together some great, comfy, but polished sightseeing outfits to wear while you explore new places this summer!
Skip the super “touristy” outfits and choose ones of these outfits that’s great for site seeing, wherever you travel.
4 Cute Sightseeing Outfit Formulas
1. Skirt and tee with comfy shoes
- This is one of my go-to outfits for sight seeing. You can choose a long skirt, short skirt, or even an athletic skirt if you’re worried about getting too hot, but it’s a step up from a basic tee and shorts option (although that can be cute too). A skirt keeps your legs uncovered, and you could do a lightweight tee or blouse depending on the dressiness level of your skirt. For shoes, a pair of slim sneakers will keep your feet super comfy (my two favorites are in THIS POST), or you could do a pair of comfortable sandals with good support.
2. Cute but casual dress with sneakers or sandals
- Don’t be afraid of wearing a dress when you’re out site seeing! You’ll feel pretty and look cute for photos, but also you’ll feel cool and comfortable all day. Choose one with a lightweight material that won’t get super wrinkled as you move around all day, and choose one that doesn’t require adjustments that will keep you fidgeting and adjusting all day. THESE are my all time favorite dresses for everyday comfort that are still cute and flattering. Choose a pair of slim, comfortable sneakers or some comfortable sandals or flats for walking all around.
3. Lightweight non-denim pants and top
- There are lots of great non denim pants out there in different styles and cuts and lengths (I rounded a bunch up RIGHT HERE) and you could pair with a chic blouse for a more dressy look, or a tee for a more dressed down look. Wear with sneakers or sandals or flats, and throw on a hat or a cute hair bandana for a fun accessory!
4. Comfortable jumpsuit with comfortable shoes
- I love a one-and-done kind of outfit, and a jumpsuit is a great option for summer site seeing if you want something that’s easy to throw on and look fabulous. Choose one with a waistband that gives you some shape (avoid the kind that give you the saggy diaper bum or ones without a waist that look like a potato sack), and then pair with cute, comfy shoes and some pretty accessories. You could do a hat with any of these outfits, but a cute hat with a jumpsuit looks darling. You could do a wide brim hat, but I prefer a more basic baseball hat. Yes, it’s a little harder to go to the bathroom in a jumpsuit, but when I’m out site seeing, I’m usually sweating more than usual and not going to the bathroom as much so I’m not stressed about it. If this idea doesn’t work for you, try one of the other options!
I hope those give you some good ideas for your summer travels!