My closet is a good variety of expensive and more affordable items. I’ve been doing a save vs. splurge series over on Instagram for the last year, and wanted to share some more affordable versions of my favorite investment pieces today!
Have you seen my save vs. splurge series on Instagram? I compare a more expensive item to a “dupe” or a “save” version and give my opinion on what’s better.
You can see an example of a video RIGHT HERE. Today I wanted to take this series to the blog and show you some of my most popular comparisons.
Save Vs. Splurge
- These pants are one of my favorite purchases of 2023. They are so comfy, easy to wear, and fit so well. They’re lightweight and come in a bunch of gorgeous colors. I wear my normal size 26 in these.
- But these old navy ones are fantastic too! They’re a little sturdier material, and maybe a better option if you’re curvy or want to smooth over lumps and bumps. I wear a size 2 in these.
- These jeans are a new favorite. They’re so comfy, but still a sturdy denim that holds everything in. I wear my normal 26, and they don’t stretch out or sag during the day. My code MERRICK15 works for 15% off.
- These Gap jeans are similar and half the price!
- I got this cute top at Express a few months ago and it’s been a fun better than basic top that you can wear with jeans or tucked into a skirt, or wear to work with dress pants!
- This Old Navy puff sleeve top is similar and on sale it’s under $20!
- Loafers are huge this year, and these ones from Madewell are super comfy and go with everything. They’re true to size, and the lug sole is trendy but it’s not too chunky so they’re a pair that will last for years!
- I saw these ones at Target and they’re a similar option that’s way more affordable! They do have the decorative buckle on the top, but I like the look of it. These ones are also similar and under $60!
- I got these Cole Haan wedges recently and they are a DREAM. So comfy and go with everything. They’re easy to dress up and down, and make any outfit look chic while not sacrificing comfort.
- These ones from DFW are way more affordable and pretty similar!
- I’ve had these cropped wide leg pants from Everlane for a few years and they remain one of my favorite pairs of white pants. I wear a size 2 and they fit perfectly without being too tight. I have two other pairs of similar pants that I love that are also higher price…THESE ONES FROM MADEWELL (I size down to a 25, normally a 26 in jeans), and THESE ONES FROM SPANX (I wear a size XS). All three are good options, but the madewell pair is a little less wide and more of a wider straight leg fit, and the spanx ones fit a little smaller and are a little shorter length, and have a false fly because they have tummy control. So they’re all a little different.
- These ones from LOFT are similar and on sale for under $50!
- These are a new pair of madewell sunglasses that I picked up and I’m obsessed. They’re so cute, comfortable, and are small enough to fit under a baseball hat (very important)!
- These from Aerie are similar and under $20!
- Woven bags are so popular this year, and I just got this gorgeous one from Madewell. It’s big and spacious and super well made.
- This one from Amazon is much more affordable and comes in lots of colors.
- I splurged on this Madewell leather jacket last year and it’s buttery soft, a perfect fit, and spectacularly gorgeous. But it’s also wildly expensive.
- This one from Topshop is under $100 and looks like a great option!