I get a ton of questions about my beauty routine – when I use certain products, how often I do maintenance things like whitening my teeth, and everything in between! Here’s my beauty routine.
I share a lot of my beauty routine favorites on Instagram – teeth whiteners, skin care, hair care, and more. Today I’m breaking down my current routine and sharing what I do when and how often I do certain maintenance treatments.
My Current Beauty Routine
- I wash my hair once a week.
- I use dry shampoo once a week.
- I’ve tried so many brands and shared some of my favorites here.
- I get my hair cut and colored every 8-9 months.
- Air drying vs. blow drying
- I typically air dry my hair. I cannot sleep with wet hair or my hair never dries and I wake up with it looking greasy and still partially wet. I use a wide tooth comb and brush through it multiple times as it dries so it dries straight. If I just let it air dry, it gets bumps and waves. I have a tutorial HERE on how I curl my hair once it’s dry.
- If I’m in a hurry and need to blow dry, I use my BondiBoost Blowout Brush to straighten and give volume as it dries. I’ve tried other cheaper blow out brushes, but this one has been the best for me because it doesn’t get so hot that I feel like my hair is getting damaged. I always use heat protectant spray on it before using the tool.
- I currently use most of Dime Beauty’s products for my skin routine. I wash my face and put on products every night and morning.
- I use a few skin tools that I use several times per week to a few times a month.
- BeautyBio Derma Roller — I use this 2-3 times per week.
- BeautyBio GLOfacial Hydro-infusion Tool — I just bought this and I’m planning to use this one a week.
- LED Mask – I bought a similar version of this (not available anymore) and I’ve totally neglected using it. I’ve only used it once! But I’m committing to using it 2-3 times per week. I have some fairly bad melasma and this will help.
- Steamer – I used to use this every week when I used my extraction tool, but since buying the GLOfacial, I’ve replaced this and haven’t used this in a while. Just mentioning it because I’ve shared a ton of times and know some of you will ask. I really liked the steamer and extractor tool combo, but the GLOfacial is more hydrating and gentle and more advanced technology, so I’m giving that a go. Still recommend this one though!
- Professional Treatments:
- When I lived in California, I went to the esthetician about every 2 months for a facial. Since COVID, I haven’t done that, but I’m determined to get back into it. I’m also planning to get some SkinPen treatments for some older scarring that I’m still dealing with!
- LUMINEUX WHITENING STRIPS
- I use these 2-3 times per month. I’ve done lots of whitening over the years since I got my braces off in high school, so I don’t need to do the full 7 day treatment plan…that’s just for new users. 2-3 times per month, as needed, helps keep my teeth in good shape!
- I do full body self tanning usually twice per week, two days in a row.
Eyelashes and Eyebrows:
- I use the DIME BEAUTY eyelash serum (code MERRICK for 20% off) and it helps my lashes grow super long and be thick and strong. I apply it every night with my skincare routine.
- I use the DIME BEAUTY Eyebrow Enhancing Gel too and apply every night to help my brows grow.
- Press on nails
- I used RED ASPEN PRESS ON NAILS for about two years, and applied them every 2-3 weeks. I love them because they never chip and make your nails look amazing and look like a gel manicure for only $15 and it takes 15 mins to apply. I wrote all about it here. I now prefer them for vacations only when I don’t want to worry about chipped nails, but I don’t like wearing them full time anymore because they do damage my nails a bit, and I notice after taking them off that my nails take a few weeks to heal.
- Nail Polish:
- I’ve been using OLIVE AND JUNE for the last month and although there was a bit of a learning curve, I have been learning their methods and they really do last for over a week with zero chips! I’ve been incredibly impressed. I’ll be doing a post about it soon. If you want to try out their kit, they have everything you need for really great at-home manicure. My code MerrickW20 works for 20% off! They are MUCH healthier with good quality polish and no nail glue, and I usually paint them on Saturday night when we’re home for the day and watching a show after the kids are in bed.
Any other products or routine’s I’ve mentioned in the past and am missing here? Or do you have questions about any other beauty products that I use? Let me know in the comments if I missed something!