Let’s chat about these Red Aspen glue on nails that I’ve been wearing for four months and loving. They feel and look like gel nails, last for 2-3 weeks, and they’re super affordable. Here’s a review.
These Red Aspen glue on nails are my new favorite thing
A few months ago, the internet was buzzing about these glue on nails from Red Aspen. After hearing enough girls rave about them, I ordered a few sets to try them out.
My first set took about 45 minutes to put on, since I heard from one blogger that you should choose a bigger size and file them down (don’t do that)…that took ages and the filing never got them quite the right size. Also I didn’t know exactly how much glue to use, and I definitely used too little. The nails began popping off within a few days.
I also chose a glitter style, and filing them down exposed the glitter, and they constantly would catch on things and scratch.
It wasn’t a great first impression.
But I’d ordered a few other sets, and was determined to give it a few tries before I gave up. The second attempt was much more successful than the first, and the third was even better. You get better with every try (just like anything, duh).
Here are a few things I love about these glue on nails:
They’re $13-15 per set. They feel like, and last as long as gel manicure. But you don’t have to go to the salon, pay twice as much, or tip the manicurist.
They come with 24 nails per box. I’ve only ever used 10 nails per box, since they come in sizes 0-9, but I know lots of women with tween and teen daughters and they’re able to share one box. That makes it even less expensive.
Everything you need is included in the box. Nail glue, a cuticle stick, and a small double sided nail file/buffer are included. The only other thing you’ll need is nail clippers if you decide to trim them.
They last for 2 full weeks. It took me a few times to get the right glue proportions. But once you get the hang of gluing, they last for 2 full weeks – sometimes longer. The last set I wore lasted three, with just a few popping off and needing to be glued back on.
You can clip them to your desired length. They come in a variety of lengths and shapes. My favorite are the square, and then I clip or file them to be a little less square.
They look very natural. As long as you wear the right size for your nails, they honestly look completely natural to me.
They don’t chip or wear over time. I’ve tried nail stickers, and of course lots of real nail polish, and I hate that they wear so quickly. These nails look perfect from the moment you stick them on to the moment you take them off. No chipping or smudging or wearing at all.
They’re a nice hard material that feels like gel nails. I heard some people complain about the nails feeling too thick, and if you’re not used to gel nails, they definitely can feel thick at first. That took me a little getting used to. But now I don’t notice it at all, and I actually love how strong my nails feel with them on.
If one pops off, it takes 30 seconds to glue it back on. Whenever I wear regular nail polish and the polish chips, it’s a pain to paint it back on or deal with chipped polish. I love that I can just glue these back on in 30 seconds and have a perfect manicure again.
Here’s how I apply the Red Aspen glue on nail dashes
- Trim nails short with nail clippers, and file smooth
- Push cuticles down
- Use pink side of nail file to lightly buff nail beds
- Clean nails with isopropyl alcohol
- Use provided nail glue to apply a very thin coat of glue to nail bed.
- Place a dot of glue onto the fake nail.
- Press the nail to your nail bed and press for 30 seconds until firmly attached.
- Repeat for all nails.
- Trim nails as desired.
How I remove them:
- I follow the instructions on the package and it works well!
A few FAQs about these glue on nails
- Do they damage your nails?
- If you apply and remove them correctly, you should have little to no damage. I sometimes let my nails rest for a few days after removing them and that helps them stay healthy. If you rip them off, or don’t clean them before applying, YES they could damage. So follow the instructions!
- Can you reuse them?
- I only reuse them when one falls off and I reattach it. But after wearing them for 2-3 weeks, they have dried glue on the back and the tips are sometimes getting worn, and I’m basically sick of them. So I have never reused them.
- Do they catch on things?
- I tried two different glitter sets over Christmas and those bothered me a little bit because the glitter caused some of the nails to be a tiny bit jagged on the end. So I don’t plan to use those styles again (although they’re very cute).
- Also if the nails are starting to lift at the cuticle, my hair occasionally gets stuck under them when I’m washing or brushing my hair. But this is a huge reason why I do a full coat of glue on my nail when applying — that helps it seal to my entire nail bed and hair doesn’t get caught underneath it.
Any other questions about these nails? They come in so many fun colors and designs and I’ve already stocked up on colors for the spring and summer.
Are there any discount codes for newbies? I’d love to try them but I have no idea what I am doing! They look so pretty though 🙂
i’m definately going to give these nails a try. yrs. ago i had the nail salon gel nails and they looked fabulous. i had them for over a yr. and decided to have them removed to give my hands a break. they totally destroyed my nails and nothing i do can repair the damage. this product seems like a good compromise and less harsh. have you ever tried magnetic eyelashes. that’s next on my list to try. take care. love your blog!
Will you link your rings? Thry are gorgeous! (Especially the index finger one).
Human relationships come in all shapes and sizes, but as long as you have an open heart and an open mind, commitment will come to you. If you are looking for interracial relationships, we have some of the best dating websites best dating sites for interracial dating and apps. I built my family thanks to this service. Here I met the love of my life. And I am very happy that I was not afraid of it!
[…] common with regards to Arab conquerors, merchants and explorers to intermarry with local females https://interracialdatingreviews.org/ within the lands that they conquered or traded with, in numerous completely different regions of […]
[…] Rich and Mildred Loving have been asleep in bed when 3 armed police officers burst into the room. https://interracialdatingreviews.org/ The few were delivered from their residence and thrown into jail, the spot Mildred remained for […]
[…] interracial to be a end result of the group is rather diverse. I additionally presume courting https://www.merricksart.com/glue-on-nails/#comment-40492 one other person of color has made my own mom’s part of the household recognize and allow my […]
My friend has used this Red Aspen Glue before and she really recommends it. If you use the nails too they stay on for a long time. She was really happy with the results. She has also said that she will only use these products from now on.
Thanks for sharing. I have now begun to use SNS solutions for nails more often, I usually find everything I need on the site https://www.snsnails.com/
With their help, you can easily make your nails unique.
[…] Quote from the source: … […]