I love setting goals in the new year! These are a few of my goals for 2024, plus a free printable goal chart.
My 2024 Goals
Happy New Year! I love setting goals in the new year to stretch myself and add good things to my life.
Today I wanted to share a few of my goals for 2024. When I set my goals, I try to have a mix of social goals, spiritual goals, financial goals, physical goals, and educational goals. I have a whole list of goals that I’ve set with Philip and for myself, and I wanted to share a few of the goals from my list!
Check out my free printable goal sheet
If you want to set goals or help your family set goals for 2023, I have a free printable goal chart in THIS POST.
A few of my goals for 2024
1. Take one day off every week to focus on long term projects, or just do nothing. In 2023 I worked my tail off. It was a crazy year with our move anyway, but it was our busiest year of work ever. I’m so so grateful for the work, but I’m really trying to prioritize my family and myself and boundaries this year, and taking one day off of my regular day to day work per week is going to help me accomplish that, and also prioritize time to spend on long term projects. I’m starting with it in Q1 only to see how it goes, and go from there. I’m excited!
2. Get Invisalign again. There are a few teeth in my mouth that have been bothering me, so this year I’m getting Invisalign again. I had braces in high school and had Invisalign about 10 years ago, and these teeth just really want to move, even with my retainers. So I’m back in Invisalign starting in January and I’m excited to get these little teeth issues resolved.
3. Dedicated date night every other week for Philip and me. Our kids are old enough to babysit themselves, but also they’re busier than ever with extra curricular things, so we’ve had a hard time prioritizing date nights. I thought it would get easier when they were older, but not so! This year we’re going to prioritize it and have a dedicated night every other week. It’s happening.
4. Increase weight lifting. I’ve been loving lifting weights this year, but I’ve gotten into a bit of a rut, so I’m pushing myself to up my weights. I’m setting specific goals for the weights and I’m making it happen, even though it’s hard!
5. Post regularly on TikTok. This is a repeat goal, cause I failed miserably in 2023. This is the year I’m going to post more on tiktok! I’m @merricksart over there if you want to follow along!
6. Build studio in the basement. We’re finishing our basement in 2024 and I had the great idea to build a photo studio down there so I can film and photograph content. I’m so excited about it, and have some big plans. The goal is for this studio (and the rest of the basement) to be done by the summer!
7. Finish kitchen renovation. We’ve been working on the kitchen renovation for the last 6 months (basically since we bought the house back in May). They’re going to get started on actual demo and installation in January, and although this is a big project, they say it’ll be done in about 2 months. It’ll be a little chaotic without a kitchen for 2 months, but I’m buying myself a toaster oven and will be cooking from that, the crockpot, and the air fryer for a few months.
8. Prep better for mornings so things go more smoothly and work starts by 9:30am. This is another repeat goal, cause I’m still not doing super well at it. One of my biggest challenges of working from home is getting my mornings to run smoothly and efficiently. Because I don’t have to be into work at a certain time, it’s easy for me to get distracted and dive into things that take my time and push back my morning. I wake up before 6am every day, and then suddenly it’s 11:00 and I’m finally done with my workout and ready for the day and I’m like, “what just happened to all those hours since 6am?!” My biggest issue is not fully prepping my morning instagram content, so I spend the time doing that and then get sucked into answering messages and then my morning is shot. My goal is to have everything prepped and scheduled the day before so I don’t get sucked into social media or editing at the last minute in the morning.
9. 12 times to the temple. Two years ago I made a goal to go the temple once a month, and I did it! In 2023, I made that goal again, and unfortunately I missed two or three months with our move and the chaos of the year. But here in Missouri I have a couple of friends that go every week, so this will push me to tag along with them every other week, or at least once a month. I know I can do it!
10. Improved personal scripture study. I had a few years of really good personal scripture study, followed by a year or so of less impressive study. This year I’m excited to start fresh and do better at my personal study. I have a few podcasts that I like to listen to, and that helps me learn a lot more and dive more into the scriptures, especially because I can listen while I exercise!