I love reflecting on my past goals for the year in this week between Christmas and New Years. Here is a look back on my 2022 goals and how they went!
Looking Back at My 2022 Goals
1. Be better about staying in touch with friends
- I actually did really well with this! In February I went on a girls trip with my best friends from high school (all seven of us!) and it was a perfect way to kick off a year of being a good friend. Since then, a few of us have had regular Marco Polo threads. We’ve been a little busy the past couple of months with a new baby and busy work schedules, but for several months we Marco Polo’d almost everyday!
- I also had several girls nights with local friends, and I befriended a woman at church who is 77 years old, but literally such a kindred spirit. We talk on the phone, text, and hang out, and she has been such an angel to me this year. These close friendships this year have truly blessed my life. I did really well on this goal and feel so happy about it!
2. Plan one fun date night with Philip per month
- Philip and I have actually been really good about date nights this year! We didn’t do one per month, but we did lots this year. It helped a ton that our oldest turned 12 this year so we don’t have to rely on a babysitter every time we go out — game changer!
3. Join a yoga or pilates studio
- I failed miserably at this. But I worked really hard on the Sweat App and feel great about my strength and muscle growth this year!
4. Be more vocally encouraging of the people around me
- I think I’ve done okay at this. I definitely could have done better, and I’m going to make this another goal for 2023. But I think it’s hard to change my nature, and I recognize it’ll take time. But I really want to be the kind of person that’s vocally encouraging and I am committed to do even better!
5. Look for miracles
- I planned to get a journal to write down miracles in our family, and I totally failed at this. But I did look for miracles in my life and saw MANY! I just wish I’d written all of them down. I’ll be adding this to my 2023 goals and hopefully I can do better. One big set of miracles we saw this year was with our sweet youngest boy when he broke his arm. I wrote about it RIGHT HERE.
6. Get more muscle definition in my upper legs
- I’m so excited about this cause I’ve seen major improvements! I’ve also seen lots of muscle definition in my arms as well.
7. Understand the Old Testament better
- This was huge and amazing for me this year! I attended the temple every month and studied a ton and listened to podcasts and read books and learned a ton about the Old Testament and how it connects to the temple. I’m really pleased with how I did on this one this year.
8. Sit down at the piano everyday
- Whelp, I did really poorly at this. I think I did this for the first three days of the year and then never again. Whoops. Piano is just not in the cards for me right now.
9. Finish decorating the guest bedroom
- Didn’t get to this one this year either! Maybe next year!
10. Put my phone away for the night by 9:00
- This was literally the busiest and craziest and most successful year of Merrick’s Art so far. I’m SO grateful and so thrilled with the growth of my business, but there was absolutely no way I could put my phone away by 9pm every night with so many things going on. But I felt like I still did a decent job of having boundaries and putting my phone down when needed.
IF YOU LIKED THIS POST, YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: