I love setting goals in the new year! These are my goals for 2022, and my mindset about goal setting!
My 2022 Goals
Happy New year!! I can’t believe it’s a new year – goodbye, 2021. Today I wanted to share a few of my goals for 2022.
I love setting goals for the new year, do you? I really try to set realistic goals and choose things that are both fun and help improve and stretch myself.
I have a free printable goal sheet!
If you want to set goals or help your family set goals for 2022, check out my free goal chart printable in THIS POST.
A few of my goals for 2022
1. Be better about staying in touch with friends
- Working from home and owning my own business is a huge blessing, but also it can be fairly isolating. If I don’t make an effort to stay connected with friends, it’s easy for those friendships to dwindle a bit. So this year I’m making a bigger effort to stay in touch with my friends and my sisters. I have a girls trip planned with my high school friends in a few weeks, which feels like a good start to this goal, but also I’m going to utilize Marco Polo more and stay in touch with the wonderful people in my life, plan lunches with friends, or invite people over.
2. Plan one fun date night with Philip per month
- Philip and I really struggle to do regular date nights. Our default is just to go out to dinner, but that never feels quite like it was worth the babysitter cost when we could have just put the kids to bed early and hung out together for free. But last year we did plan a few dates ahead of time with different activities and they were so fun and it made me realize that a real date night is actually super worth it. So this year I’m determined to do it. We also have gotten in the habit of doing a weekly Sunday night family planning session (we call it Family Meeting), and that will help us get it on the calendar once a month so we can plan ahead and make it happen.
3. Join a yoga or pilates studio
- I’ve been super into lifting weights and running over the past few years, and I love doing both of those — I have no plans to stop. But I’d really like to improve my flexibility and my core strength this year. I know I can do yoga or pilates through my Sweat App (which I use to do all my strength training), but I feel like I won’t do it or enjoy it unless I join a studio and push myself to go once a week. So during the break I’m going to do some research and find a good studio and join!
4. Be more vocally encouraging of the people around me
- I really feel inspired to work on this during 2022. I’m not naturally the cheerleader type, encouraging people both on and offline…in fact, I struggle with it sometimes. I push myself to do it, but I want to become more of this kind of person naturally who looks for ways to celebrate and encourage people. I want to be better about sharing other people’s success and ideas on my instagram and blog through shares and comments, but also be better about reaching out to people individually and telling them how great they’re doing.
5. Look for miracles
- This is one of our family goals this year. We have been talking about miracles with the boys so much as we study and learn the scriptures together, and we want to become miracle seekers. Whether big or small, we want to look for ways that the Lord is helping or touching our lives. I’m getting a journal for our family and we will keep it in the big boys’ room (where we do our nightly scripture study together) so we can write down little miracles that we see in our lives or around us. I’m really excited to have a record of this and to be doing this as a family!
6. Get more muscle definition in my upper legs
- This is the only area of my body where I haven’t seen much change over the last four years of running and lifting weights. So this is my year! I think yoga will help with this a lot, but also I want to do more leg specific workouts to target this area. I’m excited to see what I can acheive!
7. Understand the Old Testament better
- In 2022, we’re studying the Old Testament in church. I haven’t really studied it since I was in high school during my seminary class. There’s a lot I don’t understand, and this year I’m committing to using the vast resources out there to increase my understand, knowledge, and testimony of it.
8. Sit down at the piano everyday
- Last year I made a goal to learn six new pieces on the piano. I ended up learning one…whoops. So when I fall that short on a goal, I know I need to readjust my expectations. Instead, I’m just going to sit down at the piano everyday. Even if it’s just for ten seconds to play one scale. I’d love to learn a few more songs, but first I have to get in the habit of getting over to the piano regularly.
9. Finish decorating the guest bedroom
- This is the one room in our house that was never finished. It looks totally fine, but it’s just pretty basic. We have some fun decorating ideas that we want to do in there and this is the year we’ll make it happen.
10. Put my phone away for the night by 9:00
- We all know phones are a huge distraction, and I really want to set some better boundaries with my phone this year. I’m going to charge it in my bathroom in my Phone Soap overnight so it’s just out of sight out of mind.