Jumpsuit outfits are a fun option during the summer! I love wearing jumpsuits, but there are a few tips that will really make your jumpsuit outfits great.
Why the “before” jumpsuit outfit needs improvements:
- This jumpsuit is very cute, but when styled with a TEE underneath (which I always do because I don’t wear spaghetti strap items), it’s easy to get bunching and bulk.
- The waist is defined, but an elastic waist isn’t quite as flattering, and adds a lot of bulk to my silhouette.
- There are no accessories – we need some!
- The SNEAKERS are cute, but they’re a bit clunky with a longer jumpsuit like this.
A few easy ways to improve your jumpsuit outfits
- Swap the tee for a BODYSUIT and lose the bulk! OR, as I did, choose a JUMPSUIT that doesn’t require layering at all. A little less hot, and a little more chic.
- The waist tie covers the elastic waistband and creates a chic look
- EARRINGS help drive focus up toward my face
- A SIMPLE SANDAL elongates the leg line and doesn’t create any heaviness on your feet.
If you’re more of a visual person, here’s the same advice in action
Does your closet need a jumpsuit for summer?
There are tons of cute jumpsuits out there. Here are a few good ones. And I have a really fun jumpsuit sewing tutorial HERE.
Other summer outfit ideas with jumpsuits
Why these outfits work:
- Jumpsuit Outfit 1:
- Here’s the same jumpsuit as above, majorly improved.
- A waist tie covers the elastic and defines the waist nicely
- A bodysuit creates no bulk and looks very fitted and nice
- The shoes make a huge difference. Simple, colorful sandals add personality and also keep the outfit from feeling weighed down by the shoes.
- Jumpsuit Outfit 2:
- This white jumpsuit is a great statement piece without being loud
- Paired with neutral sandals and a neutral hat, it’s a gorgeous monochromatic outfit
- Some bracelets add personality and a little bit of sparkle
- The hat completes the outfit and draws attention up toward your face
Think you can wear a jumpsuit now?