I love wearing outfits with dresses in the summer. Here’s how you can take any summer outfit with a dress from basic to amazing in just a few steps!
Why the “before” dress outfit needs improvements:
- The DRESS is fine, but it’s a little baggy and doesn’t really do much for my figure
- FLATFORM SANDALS are cute and comfortable, but black chunky sandals look so heavy with a light and airy linen dress. We need smaller and sleeker.
- This outfit has zero accessories. It needs something special!
A few easy ways to improve your outfits with dresses
- BELTING a dress is always a great idea to define your waist, especially if the dress isn’t particularly fitted. It instantly gives you shape.
- A slim and sleek SANDAL is a much better option and fits with the light and airiness of the dress.
- Adding a HEADBAND or jewelry or other hair accessory is a great idea and draws attention to your face.
If you’re more of a visual person, here’s the same advice in action
Looking to add a few summer dresses to your closet this season?
First, you must check out my collection of summer dresses. They’re super comfortable, easy to wear, and made in the USA!
I’ve linked some others below
Other summer outfits with dresses
Why these outfits work:
- Outfit 1
- A swing dress is a great option. The waist isn’t defined, but it works if the length is a little bit shorter. Long swing dresses easily turn into tents.
- A baseball cap is a fun accessory and adds interest and focus up toward the face.
- Outfit 2
- this GRAY DRESS is a flattering fit with the tie waist
- The rainbow sandals add some visual interest to an otherwise one colored outfit.
- Adding a baseball cap keeps things casual and brings the focus up toy our face.
Why these outfits work:
- Outfit 3
- the dress is simple, but it has a defined waist so it gives me some shape
- a pointed nude flat elongates the leg line
- a hair scarf adds a fun little bit of interest and draws attention up to the face
- Outfit 4
- Buttons and a tie waist give this outfit a lot of visual interest, despite the dress being solid colored.
- A little pop of pattern from the sneakers works as long as the dress isn’t too long and the sneakers aren’t too low cut.
- A scarf in the hair draws attention up toward your face!
Now go wear those summer outfits with dresses!
IF YOU WANT TO SAVE THE SUMMER STYLE GUIDE, ENTER YOUR EMAIL BELOW TO GET YOUR DIGITAL DOWNLOAD OF THE COMPLETE SUMMER STYLE GUIDE!