Shorts are an easy go-to during the summer. But are those summer outfits with shorts feeling particularly blah? These tips will help!
Why the “before” shorts outfit needs improvements:
- A basic tee, untucked, gives your body zero shape. We need to tuck, half tuck, or knot THAT TEE!
- There’s nothing wrong with a GRAY T-SHIRT. In fact, I love this tee. But by itself, it’s very basic and isn’t do anything for this outfit. We can do better.
- RUBBER FLIP FLOPS are great…for the pool, only. They’re not great for everyday. We can find a better sandal.
A few easy ways to improve your summer outfits with shorts
- Choosing a purposeful top, like a CRISP, WHITE BUTTON DOWN is a much better choice
- Tucking the top into the SHORTS gives me a waistline near my natural waist, and gives me shape
- A FUN SANDAL breathes some life and fun into this basic outfit.
- Tossing on a simple pair of HOOP EARRINGS brings attention up toward my face
If you’re more of a visual person, here’s the same advice in action
Looking to add some bermuda shorts to your closet?
Other summer outfits with shorts you might like
Why these outfits work:
- Outfit 1:
- A bright top brings attention up toward my face
- The hat adds a fun accessory too!
- Rainbow sandals always make an outfit more fun, but with a hat and a bright top, a pair of neutral sandals would for sure work too
- The tie at the waist brings the hemline up toward my natural waist!
- Outfit 2:
- The top I’m wearing is oversized, so tucking it in helps define a shape so I don’t get lost in all the fabric
- A neutral sandal elongates my leg and keeps the attention up top
- A few delicate necklaces layered brings attention up there too and adds a little sparkle
Why these outfits work:
- Outfit 3:
- You don’t always have to tuck or half tuck your shirts! The hem of this swing top wasn’t too long, so I didn’t tuck it, and it works
- A stacked sandal helps elongate my legs. Especially helpful when my shirt is longer
- Outfit 4
- A graphic tee is a fun alternative to a basic top
- Half tucking the tee elongates the leg line
- A neutral sandal is always a good choice
- Adding a scarf in your hair is a fun accessory and brings attention up!
I hope this helps you put together great summer outfits with shorts!
IF YOU WANT TO SAVE THE SUMMER STYLE GUIDE, ENTER YOUR EMAIL BELOW TO GET YOUR DIGITAL DOWNLOAD OF THE COMPLETE SUMMER STYLE GUIDE!