I try to make my closet a good variety of higher quality/splurge pieces, and more affordable items. These are some of my favorite splurge pieces, and some similar options that are budget finds.
As I’ve gotten older, I’ve started adding higher quality pieces to my closet — splurge items that will last me for years. But also I know lots of those prices are too high for some of you, so I always try to share similar items at lower price points. I do this a lot over on Instagram!
Today I want to show you a few of my favorite splurge-worthy pieces, and some similar affordable options, if you’re shopping on a budget.
Save Vs. Splurge
- I got these jeans this year and they instantly became a favorite. They’re as soft as sweatpants, and the patch pocket style is super popular this year. It gives a 70’s vibe with a modern twist. I’ve worn mine dozens of times in the last few months since I got them. (My code 20MERRICK might still work for 20% off!)
- Since these jeans became so popular, I’ve seen lots of brands release similar versions, so you can get this look at a more affordable price. These ones are my favorite of the ones I’ve seen that are still in stock in all sizes. Macy’s has sales pretty regularly, so be on the lookout to get them even more affordable!
- Lug sole loafers are a big trend this year and I don’t see them going anywhere for a few more years, especially because a loafer is such a classic shoe. These Madewell ones are one of my most worn shoes. They’re super comfortable and very chic. I also love that the lug sole is there, but not super chunky.
- Here are some similar ones that are a little more affordable! I found another pair at a real budget price of $44.99, but the heel is a little bigger than both the Madewell and the Tom’s version.
- Ballet flats are super trendy right now, and honestly I cannot get behind most of them…they’re just not cute, in my opinion! But I found these embellished ones a few weeks ago and they are seriously so cute and so comfortable. They’re the only ones I’ve found that I really love.
- Steve Madden’s Vinetta Rhinestones are a little more affordable than the Madewell ones, but I did find this super budget find at Walmart for $34! The Walmart one’s are plain black, without rhinestones, but a great price if you want a similar look.
- These are my husband’s all time favorite pants. He wears them literally everyday if he’s not wearing work clothes. They’re fantastic for traveling or weekends or anything. He wears the size medium in the “shorter” length cause he’s 5’11” and wants them to hit at his ankle. But they come in lots of sizing and lengths.
- If the price point is a little high for you on these, here is a similar pair that gets amazing reviews!
- I got this bag last summer and it such a perfect tiny bag that’s more elevated than a lululemon crossbody, but about the same size. It holds my phone, a small wallet, and a lipgloss, and you can clip your keys to the outside if they have a carabiner on the key ring. I use this bag basically all summer long.
- If it’s out of your budget, this one is super similar!
- This Spanx lounge set is one of my very favorite purchases this year. The Air Essentials line is insanely comfy…the fabric legitimately feels like a Squishmallow. If you have kids, you know how comfy these are. The TOP and BOTTOMS are sold separately, and together they’re pretty pricey, although my code MERRICK10 gets you 10% off plus free shipping and returns!
- But if this price is too hefty for you, this AMAZON SET is very similar. Definitely not the same amazing fabric, but very comfy and a very similar style.
- If you’ve been around for a while, you know how much I adore the Anthropologie Somerset dresses. They’re super comfortable, look good on everyone, have pockets, are breastfeeding friendly, and come in a ton of fabric options. But they are a higher price point!
- These ones are similar if you’re looking for a budget friendly option! They have both printed and non printed options to choose from.
- This is my all time favorite bag. I’ve had it for about 5 years, and the gorgeous leather just gets better with age. It’s the perfect size for everyday and for traveling and to fit the essentials without being too big.
- But if the price is too high, this is a similar option at a budget friendly price! Kohl’s has sales regularly, so keep an eye out to score an even better deal (They are on sale for $35 right now!)
- I got these jeans earlier this year and they instantly became a favorite. The cropped kick flare shape is fun and versatile, and the fabric is soft and comfortable.
- This is a budget friendly pair of jeans that’s super similar!
- I’ve been on the hunt for a pair of good riding boots for ages, and finally found THIS PAIR in the fall. They come in narrow calf, regular, and wide calf, and the narrow calf is just right for my legs. I also love the color, a bit of embellishment, and the height. They’re also very comfortable and supportive.
- If you’re looking for a pair like this on a budget, this pair is a good option! I really liked this pair, without a buckle, as well.
- These pants have been some of my favorites for the past few years. I have them in a few colors, they’re true to size, and they’re so comfy. But they do come with a steeper price tag!
- These similar ones are an amazing budget find that are under $30!