Trying to figure out how to wear over the knee boots? These three simple formulas make it easy to wear them.
Let’s talk about how to wear over the knee boots
One of your most requested Get Dressed with Merrick posts is how to wear over the knee boots. So here we are!
I’m going to share three easy formulas to help you wear this style of boot.
Looking for a good pair of black tall boots?
These are the over the knee boots that I own, but I linked a couple of other pairs below, if you’re looking for a black pair! But also a lot of these come in other colors, and I think tan and gray over the knee boots can be super versatile.
Three formulas for wearing over the knee boots
Outfit Formula #1. Wear your over the knee boots with skinny jeans
- This is probably the easiest of the three outfits, and you can wear them with any color of jeans or pants. With black over the knee boots, I like a mid rinse pair of jeans so the boots don’t feel like such a huge contrast. But with tan or gray boots, a pair of white or light wash jeans looks fantastic.
- For the best look, choose a pair of jeans that fits you really well in the waist, hips, and thighs so they don’t get bunchy above the boots.
Outfit Formula #2. Wear your over the knee boots with leggings
- You can wear your boots over regular leggings, but I really like them over leather leggings too. The contrast of black leather and suede looks so good!
- I paired them with an oversized sweater, but you can wear it with a shorter top and a long cardigan or jacket!
Outfit Formula #3. Try your over the knee boots with a dress
- I love the look of dresses and skirts with over the knee boots, but they look best when there’s some gap between the hem of the dress and the top of the boot.
- I don’t wear mini dresses or skirts, so either tuck your boots down a bit, or choose a dress with a higher hem.