This one pan meal is my daily lunch. It’s easy, healthy, and delicious, and you can make it ahead.
I make this one pan meal everyday for lunch!
I’m a total creature of habit when it comes to meals. I pick one thing and then I make it over and over for months, and right now my meal of choice is this easy one pan meal.
It’s healthy, filled with veggies, and it’s easy to adjust based on the veggies or meat that you have in your fridge.
You can make tons of variations of this recipe
I love this recipe because you can make tons of variations of it. Change up your chicken sausage, or use last night’s leftover meat.
Want some extra protein, or you’re feeling extra hungry? Add an egg and scramble it in. You have veggies going bad in the fridge? Chop them up and add them in!
I’ve made it tons of different ways and it always turns out delicious. And of course the feta on top is the best part.
Vegetable and Chicken Sausage One Pan Meal
- olive oil
- 1 Medium Zucchini
- 1 Medium Squash
- 1 Tbsp Yellow Onion
- 1 Link Chicken Sausage (any flavor)
- Feta Cheese
Other optional ingredients
- bell pepper
- jalapeno pepper
- Chop zucchini, squash, chicken sausage, and other veggies except the onion.
- Heat olive oil in a pan until shimmering, then use a cheese grater to grate the onion directly into the pan. This is my secret weapon to get the onion flavor without big chunks! Saute the onion until it begins to brown.
- Add the rest of the veggies and saute until browned and soft.
- Add the chicken sausage to the pan and heat through.
- Remove from the pan, and top with feta cheese.
- Refrigerate extra food in an airtight container. When ready to eat, microwave for 1 minute on high, and top with fresh feta cheese.