Traveling is our family’s favorite thing to do. This is our ten-year travel bucket list – there so many places we want to go!
The other day someone asked me on Instagram why I love to travel.
The answer is long. There are so, so many reason why I love to travel, and always have loved to travel.
Here are a few reasons why I love to travel
- I love seeing and experiencing and learning about other parts of the world
- I love escaping day to day life for an adventure
- I love the quality time I get with my husband and boys when we’re traveling – no work or everyday life distractions!
- I love traveling with family or to see family
- I love staying in hotels
- I love eating new and different food (and helping my boys learn to love trying new foods)
- I love temporarily slowing my life down, or speeding my life up
- Travel helps me learn about history and culture
- Travel helps my kids and me learn valuable life skills
- Travel gives us perspective about the world
Our ten year travel bucket list
I’ve shared a few of our travel bucket list places, but I wanted to share a few more today! Here are a few places we want to visit as a couple or as a family. These are the big trips…we have lots of other less huge trips planned for the next decade, like visiting other parts of Texas, Florida, New York, Colorado, California, South Carolina, etc.
These ones listed below are the BIG trips. Philip made an outline of our 10 year travel plans with all of these (and the smaller trips), just so we have a rough outline. We can stick to it or not, but it at least got our ideas on paper so we can semi-plan for the future!
Montreal and Quebec City Canada
- We planned to go here this year but sadly the border is still closed for us to travel. We’ve re-booked it for next spring and are crossing our fingers that it will be open by then.
Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Phuket, Thailand
- This is high on our list too. We plan to go here without kids this time. Maybe with them in the future, maybe we won’t get to it with them. But Philip and I for sure want to go.
Dubai and Abu Dhabi UAE
- Philip and I both really want to go here, but he’s going with his Dad for their father/son trip. We’ll go together as a family or a couple someday!
- This has been our list for years and we’ve never made it happen. But it’s high on our list!
- I have wanted to go on an African safari for as long as I can remember. This will be with our boys, of course!
Paradise Island, Bahamas (Atlantis Hotel)
- Another family trip we’re itching to do!
Sydney and Melbourne, Australia
- Philip’s planning this one for my 40th (still a few years to go til then…)
- Philip has been on an Alaskan cruise at least once, maybe twice, but we definitely want to do this as a family!
Road Trip from San Francisco to Los Angeles
- We wanted to do this a few years ago, but it hasn’t happened yet. We’d stop at tons of places along the way.
Venice, Athens, Mykonos, and Santorini
- Philip and I are doing this big trip for his 40th!
Leaf Peeping in New England
- This was our COVID trip we had to cancel last year because everything was still locked down up there. We have the entire trip planned, and we hope to do it in the next year or two. The plan is to drive through a bunch of the New England states and have the most magical fall trip ever, seeing all the leaves brilliantly changing color, and staying in cozy lodges along the way. Someday!
Beijing, Xian, and Shanghai, China
- We’d take the boys with us on this one for sure!
Rome, Lake Como, Florence, Italy
- For my 30th, Philip and I did a Mediterranean Cruise, and we visited parts of Italy, but we’d love to go back and spend a lot more time there. And maybe we’d bring the boys!
Summer in London
- I mentioned this on Instagram a few weeks ago, but our dream is to spend an entire summer in England as a family. We’d take lots of side trips to different countries and see and experience as much as we could. We have no plans yet, but I’m determined to make it happen within the next few years before it’s harder for the kids to be away all summer. Of course I’ll share all the details when we get to that point!
All of the places above are on the short list, but here are a few other places we really want to visit that we’ll shoot for in the future!
- New Zealand
- Bora Bora
- Costa Rica
- Cairo and Giza, Egypt
- British Columbia
- Turks and Caicos
- Hong Kong (Philip has been here but we all want to go back)
- Jamaica (Philip and I have both been here separately when we were younger, but we want to take the kids!)
- Amsterdam (I’ve been, but Philip hasn’t!)
- Puerto Rico
Where’s somewhere on your travel bucket list? I’d love to know!
IF YOU LIKED THIS POST, YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE POSTS