Spring and summer feel like travel “season” to me! I wanted to share my packing and luggage essentials that I’ve used and loved for years.
Do you have any spring or summer trips on the horizon? Packing can be the most daunting step of trips, so today I wanted to share some of my luggage essentials that make packing much easier for me. From my carry-on luggage to my cosmetic case, here are the essentials.
My Luggage Essentials
- About 6-7 years ago, Philip did a ton of research about suitcases and we invested in some that we plan to use forever. Briggs and Riley suitcases have lifetime warranties, and are so roomy and great quality. I love that the handle doesn’t cut into the inside of the suitcase either, so you don’t lose a ton of room inside. They’re honestly worth every penny and after all these years they still look brand new!
- I bought this suitcase on a whim at Target a few years ago when my oldest needed a carry on suitcase, and it’s been fantastic. It’s affordable and I love the swirling wheels — those are a must-have for me when carrying-on a suitcase.
3. TRAVEL BACKPACKS:
- Freshly Picked
- I used to use this for a diaper bag, but now I use it for travel. It fits EVERYTHING with tons of pockets inside and outside. It’s also a bag I always bring to amusement parks to keep
- Dagne Dover
- This is my favorite smaller backpack. It’s still big enough to fit my 13″ laptop comfortably, but it doesn’t feel so huge on my back. I love the light purple color, and the neoprene fabric is soft and comfortable and machine washable.
- In the last year I’ve started wearing a little crossbody bag with my backpack, just big enough to carry my wallet and maybe a lipgloss or other small essentials, just so I can easily and quickly access my wallet when going through security or checking in. Also it’s small enough to toss into my backpack easily since sometimes flight attendants will ask me to combine since only one personal item is allowed along with a carry-on suitcase.
- I’m late to the packing cube game, but I really love having them specifically for shoes, since I don’t want my dirty soles to touch everything else in my suitcase. These ones are cheap and three different sizes!
- I’ve been using this toiletries bag for a few years and it’s literally my favorite. It’s big enough to carry literally everything, even full size bottles in most cases. I also love that it has a hanger so you can hang it on the towel hook in a hotel and access everything easily.
- Philip bought this jewelry travel case for me for Christmas and it’s fantastic. Just the right size and clasps to fit everything you need from earrings to rings to necklaces.