These Christmas gift ideas for women (friends, sisters and moms) are affordable and special.
Need some gift ideas for friends, sisters, moms, or other women in your life? I’ve got nearly 100 great and affordable ideas.
Gifts ideas for friends, sisters, or moms can be special without breaking the bank
My love language is gifts. I love choosing, preparing, and giving gifts, and of course I love receiving gifts. So coming up with gift ideas for friends or my sisters is really fun. But I feel like the gift guides out there for friends and sisters mostly have items that are really expensive.
I love my friends and my sisters, but spending $100 or more on a gift for them is out of my budget (I’m sure you can relate.
Nearly 100 affordable gift ideas for friends, sisters, moms, and any other women in your life.
So how about affordable, fun gift ideas for those women in your life? I’ve broken them down into various categories so this big list is easy to navigate.
BEAUTY GIFT IDEAS FOR FRIENDS
- FLEKK COSMETICS
- This is the only eyeshadow palette I will use. They are the most genius thing ever — it’s like paint by numbers for your eyes!! There’s an illustration on the palette to show you where each color goes, and a corresponding brush to go along with it so you apply it correctly. GENIUS. My favorite palette is “flawless.” Use code MERRICK for 20% off!
- JADE ROLLER
- EYELASH SERUM
- Every girl loves longer lashes, but extensions can be damaging and expensive. Eyelash serum grows your lashes just as long and thick in just a few months! My favorite affordable serum is this one from Avon, but I also use THIS ONE from Neulash. It’s way pricier, but very effective.
- DIOR CUTICLE CREAM
- Someone submitted this idea, and apparently it’s the key to amazing nails! I need to try this cuticle cream now.
- SEPHORA BEAUTY SAMPLE KIT
- This is a box of popular sample size products from Sephora. She’ll get to try out lots of different products – such a fun gift!
- HAIR MASKS
- HAND CREAM
- This is the best hand cream out there. Rich, uber moisturizing, subtle, and comes in travel sizes so you can toss in your bag.
- MAKEUP REMOVING CLOTHS
- Just add water and all of your makeup comes right off. Like magic!
- LANEIGE LIP MASKS
- These are incredible masks you put on your lips when you sleep and you wake up with silky soft lips.
- PERFUME SAMPLER
- I love this idea – gift her abox of perfume samples so she can try a bunch of different scents and decide which one she loves.
- DIY SPA BASKET
- head to TJ Maxx or HomeGoods and toss a bunch of fun pampering gifts into a basket
- NAIL POLISH
- GEL NAILS LIGHT KIT
- I’ve heard amazing things about these at home gel nail kits. They come with lights and the proper nail polish, and this one comes with several really great, neutral nail colors!
- EXFOLIANT FOOT PEELS
- These help remove callouses and dry heels with just a few treatments! Everyone wants nice smooth heels, so this is a great, practical gift, and only $25 for the kit.
HOME GIFT IDEAS
- BUTTER KEEPER
- This is a gift I asked for on my own Christmas wishlist! It’s a butter dish that stays on your counter and keeps your butter fresh and room temperature for days. It’s under $20 right here!
- GEOMETRY HOUSE TEA TOWELS
- Most tea towels are annoyingly non-absorbant, but not these! They’re gorgeous and super effective for kitchen clean up. They’d add such a pretty vibe to any girls’ kitchen!
- PRETTY DISHES
- I’m obsessed with pretty plates (even though I actually don’t own any). But I love the idea of them and love when other people have them. There are so many gorgeous ones at Anthropologie – these ones are particularly fun and pretty. Tip: buy dessert plates to stay more affordable!
- ADDRESS STAMP
- This is a great gift for someone who just purchased a new home! They have lots of good ones on Etsy.
- RECIPE BOX
- with favorite recipes written down, plus blank cards
- CAKE STAND or PIE DISH
- The perfect gift for a person who loves to bake. Also check Home Goods – they may have more affordable options there.
- CHEESE BOARDS
- Charcuterie boards are so trendy right now, so she’ll love a special board she can use for a charcuterie board. This one is under $25!
- JEWELRY DISHES
- there are so many pretty ones right here
- A PERSONALIZED CUTTING BOARD
- is such a great gift idea for someone who loves to cook
- ANYTHING FROM MAGNOLIA LINE at TARGET
- so much cute stuff for your house, and everything is super affordable.
- A PERSONALIZED APRON
- the ones from Williams Sonoma are super durable and classic.
- HANDHELD STEAMER
- this one is my favorite one and I use it nearly everyday.
- OXO GRIDDLE
- for the girl who loves to cook
- FRAME A PICTURE
- If you’ve gone on a trip together or have a good picture together, a little framed picture of you two would be special.
- SUCCULENT GIFT SUBSCRIPTION
- Wouldn’t you love having a cute little succulent show up at your door every month? This is a really fantastic succulent gift subscription — they start at just $5! Check them out HERE.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE’S VOLCANO CANDLES
- This candle is my favorite everyday scent and makes everyone’s house smell amazing
- PACKING CUBES
- A fantastic gift for the person who travels often! These ones are under $25.
- IMMERSION BLENDERS
- are a useful and unexpected gift for someone who loves to cook
- A HOLIDAY SCENTED MRS. MEYER SPRAY
- This is a perfect holiday themed gift, and a bundle is only $11!
- YETI MUGS
- These keep your hot drinks hot all day! Look at the ratings on this thing.
- SILK PILLOWCASE
- Silk pillowcases are great for hair and skin, and this one is a 2-pack for under $10!!!
- REUSABLE SHOPPING BAGS
- A perfect gift for an eco friendly friend. Plus these are so cute and they’re inexpensive! Most stores aren’t allowing reusable shopping bags currently, but hopefully in 2021 we can again.
BOOKS & PAPER GOODS GIFTS
- A GOOD COOKBOOK.
- PERSONALIZED STATIONERY
- PROMPTLY JOURNAL
- would be such a thoughtful gift – have you seen these? They’re a beautiful gratitude journal.
- A GOOD NOVEL.
- I personally love a good novel, but you could also do something non-fiction. Anything from Kate Morton is a favorite if you’re looking for a good recommendation!
- ADULT COLORING BOOK
- Coloring is not just for kids anymore. Coloring as an adult can relax and destress, and also is a great way to spend quality time with your kids. These coloring books are fantastic, and you could get some colored pencils or markers to gift with them.
- FIVE MINUTE JOURNAL
- Such a sweet and easy way keep your memories!
FOOD & DRINK GIFTS
- If your friend or mom or sister loves chocolate, this cute tackle box full of different chocolates will for sure be a hit.
- HOMEMADE VANILLA
- super easy, and such a unique idea.
- DELIVERED DINNER
- how awesome of a gift would this be for a friend who worked out of the home, or just had a new baby? There’s nothing she needs more than this.
- HYDROFLASK or other TUMBLERS
- Perfect for the soda or water drinkers! This is my favorite one, and it’s under $25.
- MOONLIGHT PAJAMAS
- These pajamasare so soft and comfortable, she’ll be obsessed with them!
- LOUNGEWEAR SET
- A COZY ROBE
- BLONDE/BRUNETTE/REDHEAD SWEATSHIRT
- A CUTE GRAPHIC TEE
- Graphic tees are so popular right now – they’d make a really fun gift! I also love the idea of giving her one that represents her in some way – I love this “Life is Better With My Boys” one!
- I’m about to blow your mind. This necklace clasp allows you to layer delicate necklaces without the necklaces tangling at all. Seriously, it’s a game changer.
- TRAVEL JEWELRY CASE
- I hate traveling with jewelry because it always gets tangled! This jewelry case gets amazing reviews and holds tons of jewelry.
- O-RING KEY CHAIN
- I got one of these O-ring key chains last year and I’m obsessed. It’s a silicone bracelet that attaches to your keys so they’re easy to carry around, easier to hang on a hook, and also easier to find in your purse.
- BLUE LIGHT BLOCKER GLASSES
- I think everyone should wear blue light blocker glasses. I’ve been wearing mine for a few years and I immediately notice when I don’t have them on when I’m looking at a screen.
- A MONOGRAMMED NECKLACE
- I love this asymmetrical one.
- A pair of FUN EARRINGS
- Always a fun gift. These are on sale for $17 and are such good quality!
- MADE BY MARY NECKLACES
- These are some of the most gorgeous necklaces. They’re very simple and modern, are so well made, and can be personalized!
- HARRY POTTER RING
- Such a cool accessory for the HP lovers out there.
- A MAGNETIC PHONE HOLDER
- Your mom would for sure appreciate this. Your friends probably already have one.
- STATE NECKLACE
- A gorgeous gold hammered charm in the state of your choosing. I have a California one and I’m obsessed with it. It’s such a treasure.
- GOLD STATEMENT RING
- I love a good statement ring, and this gold one is under $30. I own it, and it runs small, so grab one size up. I wear a size 6 on my ring finger, and I have narrow fingers.
- NICKEL & SUEDE LEATHER EARRINGS
- Lightweight, leather earrings so they’re big and fun, but not heavy. My sister has a bunch of pairs and loves them.
- LOOPY PHONE CASE
- These are my favorite phone cases ever! And the girls in your life will love them. Use code ART10 for 10% off!
- COUNTER PHONE HOLDER
- My mom has two of these – one for her bathroom and one for her kitchen, so she can have her phone sitting up while she watches Marco Polo videos, or FaceTime’s the grandkids, or listens to a podcast. They’re under $12 and come in a bunch of pretty colors.
SUBSCRIPTION and CLASS GIFTS
- WATERCOLOR SUBSCRIPTION
- If your mom or your sister is stuck at home and needs a new hobby, this watercolor subscription box comes with paint and watercolor paper and instructions on how to make some beautiful watercolor art. You can do just one month, or gift them a few months! This would be really fun to do together.
- RENEW HER COSTCO MEMBERSHIP
- such a practical gift that keeps on giving! A sister or a mom would love this.
- THE MODERN GIRL’S GUIDE TO SEWING
- A great online course that teaches you how to sew!
- a fantastic monthly beauty box – it would be so fun to try out new products every month!
- MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION!
- A magazine subscription is usually around $10-15 for the year, and then she gets a bit of happy mail eveyr month! One of my favorites is Real Simple.
- a fun way to let them try out a new perfume every month
- MANICURE or PEDICURE gift card
- Just pop into a local salon and they’ll give you a gift card or certificate!
- TICKETS TO A PAINT NIGHT
- These are fun to do as a group, and that would make an even better gift. There are locations everywhere – just look google them in your area and you’ll find one.
- CAR WASH GIFT CARD or PUNCH CARD.
- The car wash I go to here has a punch card. That would make an awesome gift!! Everyone loves a clean car.
- MOVIE TICKETS
- Now that movie theaters are open in a lot of areas again, give her two tickets so you can go together or she can use them for a date with her husband. Don’t forget the snacks!
- NIGHT OF FREE BABYSITTING and a GIFT CARD FOR A DATE NIGHT
- If you’re looking for a unique and thoughtful gift this is it.
- A COOKING CLASS
- A cooking class would be such a fun gift — it would be a blast to do together!
- CALLIGRAPHY CLASS
- A class to teach you to write beautifully? Sign me up!
GIFT IDEAS UNDER $25 FROM THIS LIST
Since lots of us are on a budget, or have lots of friends to shop for, here are ideas from this list that are under $25!
Others not shown in the collage, but still under $25:
- STILA MASCARA
- EYELASH PRIMER
- COZY ROBE
- BOY MOM TEE
- TRAVEL JEWELRY CASE
- GOLD STATEMENT BAND RING
- COUNTER PHONE HOLDER
- BUTTER KEEPER