I’m a little behind on this, what with moving and all, but last week I dug through the piles of unorganized stuff and managed to find my camera, and then clear enough space on the couch to take a picture. Yes, it was four or five days after his one month mark, but we’ll take what we can get. This kid will be lucky if he gets all twelve pictures over the next year. Seriously, it’s harder to remember to do this stuff with a second child — shouldn’t have set such a high bar with Peanut… 😉
Anyway, here we are. Get a load of those squishy cheeks!
And a few mentionables about his first month of life:
- The first week after we brought him home from the hospital was a little rough — sleep all day and awake all night was his philosophy. Happily, we fought hard to keep him awake for some portion of the day, and within a few days he switched to a good schedule.
- Now he’s sleeping like a champ, and only getting up one time a night (usually between 5:00 and 6:30am to eat), and then going right back to sleep for many more hours. Man, I feel so good.
- With Philip gone only ten days after he was born, he spent a lot of time with me, and thus has become a total mama’s boy. He’s finally getting used to being held by Philip, but for a while there it was all about me (which, by the way, I totally didn’t mind. Loved the attention from my little man, especially since Peanut is a major daddy’s boy. Gotta keep things even around here, you know).
- Survived his first cold. Fortunately it never got too bad, but he was grouchy for a few days while his throat was probably sore and nose was pretty stuffy.
- Besides the few days of grumpiness, he’s been an incredibly good baby, and hardly ever fussy unless he’s hungry or tired. Although when he’s hungry and not fed within a reasonable amount of time, he’s a screamer!
- He is on a perfect schedule of nursing on one side, pooping immediately after, and then eating on the other side. Seriously, it’s like clockwork.
- Also, I’ve been peed on so many times already — with Peanut, it happened maybe twice ever. Not this guy…the second that diaper is off and he feels freedom, he lets loose.
- He’s a terrific eater (and very fast! Oh, it’s so great!) and that’s resulted in quite a few rolls. We’re constantly cleaning lint out of his neck, armpits, and leg rolls.
- We weren’t quite there at one month, but now at six and a half weeks we’re getting lots of smiles when we tickle his cheeks or talk baby talk to him.
- Lots of cooing (it sounds like he’s saying “hi” all the time)
- Still the cuddliest baby a mama could ask for. Sometimes he gets worked up for some reason, and then when I pick him up, he just lays his head on my shoulder, wide awake, just calming himself down. Obviously he just needed to feel my arms around him and my heartbeat against his cheek. Oh, I love it.
What a doll!
Oh he is just too adorable in a totally boy sort of way!
Oh my gosh, can he get any cuter?! That outfit is too cute. My uterus is aching…must make another squishy so I don't come steal yours…;)
So stinkin' cute!!! Glad to hear it's going so well with #2. 😉
I love reading posts like this 🙂 he is just adorable!
This makes me all the more impatient to meet our little one we're baking in the oven right now!
So squishy! Love it.
Goodness gracious, he is too cute for words! Thanks for sharing some of his little tidbits from Month 1!
what a cutie!! Is his hair a little Red?!
Thank you! And no, no red in his hair, although for some strange reason it does look super red in a lot of photos!
What an adorable baby boy!!
His hair is a VERY similar color to my baby's hair (my baby needs a blog name. . . ).
He is one cute little dude!
Oh my.. he is such a cutie!! Love the little rolls on babies 🙂
This post is SO encouraging to me – I'm due in 3 mos. with baby #2 – I'd be SO happy if it worked out so well for me too!! 🙂
I'm sure it will! Good luck!
He is stinking cute. And also makes me baby hungry 🙂 gotta love the chunky babies 🙂
So adorable! And look at the hair!
So adorable! Glad you dug around to get a photo!
Oh my goodness!!! He is seriously so cute!
Oh my goodness! What a cute little dude. And he'll have a cousin so close in age to play with growing up. Enjoy this time!
Yes, so fun that Janssen and I have had both our babies close in age — now if only we lived closer to each other so they could grow up together! 🙁
He really is a beautiful boy–love the outfit too!
What an adorable ball of squishiness he is!