My baby was born five days before Halloween. Then a month later was Thanksgiving, and a month after that was Christmas. And of course we were moving right during the middle of all of that. Then once we were out here in HB, we had nearly constant company for several months. Between all of these, there was constant eating out and more eating of treats than I care to admit, so getting back into a good post-baby exercise and eating routine was constantly put on the back burner.
So in an effort to jumpstart my healthy lifestyle, I started doing a little research and found a lot of good information about juice cleanses. In the end, I decided to do a one day cleanse. It wasn’t the most positive experience, and I only lasted about half the day because the juices and smoothies I made were horribly disgusting, and I’m just such a weenie about being hungry, and I just couldn’t get myself motivated to not eat for an entire day. Fast forward a few months and Skinny Limits offered to send me and Philip a juice cleanse. I was majorly nervous about saying yes after my previous fiasco, but figured I should probably give a cleanse another shot. Happily it was much more successful than my first attempt.
A few things about my juice cleanse experience:
- I’m a daily green smoothie drinker, so a juice full of fruits and veggies wasn’t so bad for me. Philip thought they tasted horrible and literally had to choke them down. Also, I drank all of mine with a straw which helped them go down a little easier.
- The last one of the day was called “Crescent Moon” and was made of cashew milk. I could drink that delicious drink every single day — it was by far the best tasting one and was a fantastic way to end the cleanse. It also filled me up and kept me full all night long.
- I am still nursing my baby and had no problem with my milk production even though I didn’t eat anything all day. I wouldn’t recommend the three day cleanse if you’re nursing, and obviously talk to your doctor if you are nursing — mine was doctor approved!
- I didn’t do this for weight loss, but ended up losing three pounds in the one day.
- I would totally do it again.