Trying to figure out how to accessorize your outfits? How much jewelry is too much? Which outfits need more or less jewelry? Let’s answer all of those today.
Let’s discuss how to accessorize all different kinds of outfits
For today’s Get Dressed with Merrick video, let’s talk about how to add accessories to an outfit.
There are a lot of accessories options you can choose from — belts, handbags, sunglasses, jewelry, headbands and more. Today’s video covers only jewelry.
The video answers to questions:
“How much jewelry is too much?”
- A good general rule of thumb is to choose one focal point. Whether it’s a pair of statement earrings, a stack of bracelets, or a bunch of layered necklaces, let those speak for themselves. You can add other jewelry, but keep it understated so it doesn’t compete with the focal jewelry.
“Which jewelry is appropriate for which outfit?”
- Check out the outfits below to see which jewelry works for each outfit!
1. A neutral outfit really comes alive with some pops of jewelry.
I love monochromatic outfits — gray and white, cream and white, gray and black, all black, all blue. When you’re dealing with those super simple monochromatic outfits, pull out the statement jewelry!!
2. When I’m wearing only one piece, like a dress, a pair of statement earrings adds a nice second piece
I almost always wear a pair of big earrings when I’m wearing a dress!
3. Casual outfits don’t need much, but one accessory helps the outfit feel finished
A simple earring, a few delicate necklaces — they’re great ways to add a little sparkle to a simple, casual outfit.