Trying to figure out how to accessorize your outfits? How much jewelry is too much? Which outfits need more or less jewelry? Let’s answer all of those today.
Trying to figure out how to accessorize with jewelry?
Lots of you ask how to accessorize, especially with simple outfits, so today let’s talk about it!
As a work-from-home mom, most of my outfits are really simple and neutral. So accessories are the way I help these outfits feel less boring and like a complete outfit.
My go-to accessories for everyday:
- simple earrings
- delicate layered necklaces
All of these pieces of jewelry are really easy to wear, and are great for dressed up outfits and for super casual outfits.
How much jewelry is too much?
A good general rule of thumb is to choose one focal point, and keep everything else subdued.
- If you wear a pair of statement earrings, don’t wear a statement necklace too.
- If you wear a large stack of bracelets, keep the rest of your jewelry choices small and simple.
- If you wear a large necklace, keep your earrings and/or bracelets small and simple.
Should you always wear jewelry?
This is total personal preference, but when in doubt, a pair of simple earrings or a small necklace really helps to make an outfit feel complete.
Here are some simple outfits with simple jewelry to show you how jewelry completes an outfit
1. Statement earrings are great for dressy outfits
Statement earrings are a good choice for dressy outfits — dresses, skirts, or jeans and a blouse. If the outfit is simple with very little print, a statement earring is a great choice.
If your dress or blouse has a large or busy print, consider choosing a less large earring. Or if you choose a large earring, keep it solid gold or another metal so it doesn’t compete with your printed clothing.
2. Casual outfits don’t need much, but one accessory helps the outfit feel finished
A simple earring, a few delicate necklaces — they’re great ways to add a little sparkle to a simple, casual outfit.
These are some of my favorite pieces of jewelry