Christmas gifts for the whole family can be tricky, but these are amazing gifts ideas that an entire family will love.
As kids and grandkids get older, it’s common for immediate families to gift to another family for Christmas. These family Christmas gifts are great for a whole group.
Gifts for an entire family
My siblings and I are all grown and have (obviously) moved out of our parents’ house. For a few years we did an exchange between siblings and in-laws, but as our family’s have grown, we do family Christmas gifts. My family gives a gift to my sister’s family, and so on.
The hard part is that a gift for an entire family can be tricky. So I’ve put together a list of some good family Christmas gifts!
18 Christmas gifts for the whole family
- Table Talk.
- This is a really fun box of table conversation cards that the whole family can enjoy. I’ve seen things like this, but honestly these ones are actually really good questions! We’ve been using them for a few months and the conversations that spark because of them are fantastic! You can use code MERRICKSART for 15% off for the next week! (expires Nov 10, 2019).
- Bowling gift certificate.
- Everyone loves a bowling night, and it’s a perfect for a family with children of any age! Find a place that’s local for them and call them to buy a gift certificate.
- Netflix or Disney+ Subscription.
- If they don’t have one already, this would be a great gift that they’ll use constantly!
- Movie theater tickets and candy.
- Or if they’re movie theater kinds of people, pack them some snacks they can stow away in a purse, and tickets to a matinee!
- Custom family portrait.
- There are so many talented artists who could take a compilation of pictures and create a great family portrait. Check out all of these and decide which style you like!
- Airbnb gift card.
- Feel like their family could use a vacation? You can get an Airbnb gift card on amazon for whatever amount you’d like. Even just a staycation if they’re not comfortable traveling right now, or they can hang on to it for when things are less stressful.
- Lawn games
- Ice Cream maker.
- I LOVE making homemade ice cream with my family. This is a great gift that everyone will benefit from! I have this maker and it’s fantastic.
- Family Video Game.
- Pizza Stone and your favorite pizza combinations.
- Every Friday is pizza night in our house, and making homemade pizza is so fun. Gifting a family a pizza stone will up their pizza making game, and it’d be fun to have your kids share their favorite pizza combinations with their cousins!
- Museum pass.
- Choose a museum, aquarium, zoo, local pool, or something similar in their area and get them an annual pass or a day pass for the whole family!
- National Parks Pass
- Road tripping is now the preferred method of travel with COVID, so why not help a family enjoy some pretty national parks on their trip!
- Scratch off family travel map.
- These are so cool for families who love to travel. It’s a piece of art and also an interactive activity for the whole family!
- Fondue Pot.
- Fondue is definitely a family kind of food, and a fondue pot with some ingredients to make their own dessert or cheese fondue would be so fun!
- A Night at Top Golf
- Most Top-Golf locations are still open with COVID, and it makes for the perfect family outing. You can gift another family a gift card to use!
- JackBox.TV Party Pack
- QuipLash and other JackBox.TV games are such a fun family night activity. Any family would enjoy playing the digital games all year long!
- Your favorite family games
- we love SkipBo, Apples to Apples, Pie Face, Yahtzee, or even simple card games like Sleeping Queens, Cover your Assets or The Bears and Bees (for younger families!). There are tons more fun games out there. Grandpa Beck card games are a great place to start if you want more ideas. I’ve heard hilarious things about Watch Ya’ Mouth too!
- A family book.
- When Harry Potter came out, we gifted the first book to each family on my mom and dad’s side. For younger families, you could gift a novel that the parents could read to the kids, and for families with older kids you could give them a book they’ll all read separately and then can discuss! The Chronicles of Narnia, How to Train Your Dragon, Boxcar Children, Percy Jackson, The Penderwicks, Little House on the Prairie, or Anne of Green Gables would all be really fun series to gift as a set.
- Subscription to Audible.
- One of my favorite things to do with my boys is listen to audiobooks in the car. This would make a great gift that the whole family could use on on all their devices!