Since we’re all having to stay home this year for Easter, I rounded up a bunch of really fun and simple Easter activities for families. Fun baking projects, cool Easter egg decorating ideas, Easter games, and more.
5 Easter activities for families you can do at home this year
1. Bake Easter treats together
We’ve been doing a lot of baking since quarantine began, and I’ve been compiling lots of fun Easter treats you can make as a family.
- RICE KRISPIES NESTS. So cute and simple for little kids to make on their own!
- EASTER EGG SUGAR COOKIES. I got this cute idea from HERE, but I definitely recommend THIS SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE. It’s literally the best sugar cookie recipe ever.
- CADBURY EGG CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES. I got this delicious idea HERE, but I’m for sure going to make these with my FAVORITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE EVER HERE.
- COCONUT BUNNY CAKE. Apparently bunny cakes are an Easter tradition! This one is gorgeous and simple.
2. Decorate Easter eggs
- MARBLED EASTER EGGS. This uses ingredients in your pantry and isn’t difficult – love this one!
- TIE DYED EASTER EGGS. Whoa these ones are gorgeous. Definitely trying this method this year.
- SHAVING CREAM DYED EASTER EGGS. This one’s a little more messy, but the kids would love it.
- POTATO STAMP EASTER EGGS. If you’d rather not decorate eggs, this Easter egg stamp is a great alternative!
3. Play Easter egg games
- GLOW IN THE DARK EASTER EGG HUNT. I totally bought some small glow sticks and I’m making this happen!
- MINUTE TO WIN IT EASTER EGG GAMES. We love minute to win it, and this spin on Easter is super fun.
- EASTER BINGO. This printable BINGO game is simple and fun, and teaches the religious history of Easter!
- EASTER EGG EGG-CERCISES. Print out (or write) exercises for kids on slips of paper. Stick them inside plastic Easter eggs, and get those wiggles out!
4. Learn about Holy Week
5. Make homemade Easter decorations
- CARROT GARLAND. I saw this cute garland on Etsy and thought it was adorable. A DIY version will probably not be quite as cute, but I think it’ll be a fun project for the boys and me to together.
- BUNNY GARLAND. I love this one! So simple and adorable.
- EASTER EGG WREATH. This is super inexpensive and so cute. I also love THIS ONE and this GORGEOUS TULIP WREATH.
- FELT EASTER EGGS. I love this idea! So simple and fun.