This is a tried and true chocolate chip recipe that we make all the time!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are the world's best chocolate chip cookies. Perfectly crisp on the outside and and melt in your mouth in the middle.
- 1/3 cup shortening (the sticks are best)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (guittard is my favorite, but ghirardelli is our second choice)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (optional - you can do all chocolate chips!)
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat wet ingredients on medium speed in mixer for at least two mins until light and fluffy.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients to the wet until just combined.
- Place balls of dough on a cookie sheet with silpat liner or parchment paper, and cook for 9-10 minutes or until JUST browned on top.
- Remove from the oven and let them set a few minutes before eating.
- These are amazing fresh out of the oven, saved for later, or frozen and eaten straight out of the freezer.