None of us are getting dolled up right now while we’re stuck at home, but we can still change out of pajamas and put on some cute, comfy outfits that help us feel human and confident.
Getting ready everyday can be a great form of self care right now
Since we’re all staying home a little (*a lot*) more over the next few weeks, I wanted to share some ideas for cute, comfy outfits, and also some favorite comfortable clothing pieces.
I know lots of us are living in sweats and pajamas right now, but do yourself the favor of getting dressed most days. It helps you feel more positive, productive, and confident — and goodness knows we need that right now during quarantine!
Getting dressed in the morning doesn’t mean you have to get all dolled up or put on a fancy outfit. You can still be super comfortable AND feel a little more put together.
Here’s an easy check list you should do everyday that will make you feel your best during this weird time:
- Make your bed. There’s nothing easier you can do to help you feel calm, your house to feel cleaner, and to make you feel like you’re in control of your life.
- Move your body – go for a walk, run outside, do some at-home exercises.
- Take a few minutes to do your hair:
- Wave your hair with my favorite waver tool — it takes 5 minutes! Here’s a hair tutorial.
- Do soft easy curls that will last you a few days. My tutorial is right here.
- Pull your hair in an easy top knot. It’s always my go-to for dirty or unruly hair! This video shows you how to do it.
- Try a low messy bun. Add a hat if you need to – it looks so cute with a fedora or baseball cap. Here’s my quick tutorial.
- Put on some makeup. It doesn’t have to be much! MY 5-MINUTE MAKEUP ROUTINE IS RIGHT HERE, but a little tinted moisturizer, bronzer, and mascara will go a long way for how you feel.
- Wear a cute, comfortable outfit. Do yourself a favor and change out of those pajamas. Let me show you some easy, comfy options below.
These pieces are all cute, comfy, and perfect for staying at home
- THESE CROPPED SWEATPANTS (#1) are so cute and the shape makes them look super chic!
- I love all the sweatpants I’ve bought from ABERCROMBIE. THESE ONES are really cute and come in a few colors.
- Love the color of THESE MADEWELL SWEATPANTS
- This OLIVE GREEN JUMPSUIT (#2) is really cute. I have an almost identical one from last year
- Layer a tee or bodysuit under THIS BLACK JUMPSUIT and it’ll be perfect for hanging out at home.
- You know anything from Lou and Gray will be good. THIS JUMPSUIT looks so comfortable.
- Abercrombie’s Soft AF line is soooo comfortable. THIS T-SHIRT (#3) with a knot in it is bound to be a favorite.
- Everyone needs a good v-neck tee and THIS ONE (#11) comes in tons of colors. It also comes in CREW NECK!
- I could live in sweatshirts for the rest of my life. THIS TIE-DYED ONE (#4) is really cute!
- I love this BUTTON SIDE PULLOVER too!
- A really good COLORBLOCK SWEATSHIRT
- Love this LEOPARD PRINT MOCK NECK SWEATSHIRT. So chic!
- Another great affordable option — love this OMBRE SWEATSHIRT from Old Navy!
- If you’re looking for a good GRAY PULLOVER SWEATSHIRT, this is a good one!
- THESE AE JEGGINGS (#5) are my most comfortable jeans. Soft and stretchy, and so flattering.
- THIS SPANX BRA is the world’s most comfortable bra. Period, the end.
- Everyone needs a good pair of slippers while they’re home. THESE UGG SLIP ON SLIPPERS (#6) are my favorite.
- Everyone needs at least one really comfortable dress. THESE DRESSES in GRAY (#8) and STRIPE (#13) are the most comfortable dresses you’ll ever wear. Use code STAYINGIN to get 30% off them right now!
- Something a little nicer than a t-shirt and a sweatshirt, THIS TIE FRONT TOP (#9) is super cozy and looks really good with jeans or leggings.
- THIS SHORT SLEEVE VERSION is great for spring and summer.
- I have two favorite pairs of leggings right now. THESE ZELLA LEGGINGS (#10) are super thick and stretchy and suck you in like none other.
- The other favorite pair of leggings are these AERIE LEGGINGS (#12) that feel like you’re naked. They’re so lightweight, not see through, and crazy soft.
11. (see 3: T-SHIRTS)
12. (see 10: LEGGINGS)
13 (see 8: DRESSES)