I love reading, and the girls on my team love reading too! Today Laura, Kristy and I are each sharing the best 5 books we’ve read recently. Need a good book recommendation? Check out these 15 titles.
Need some book recommendations? Today my team and I are all sharing our favorite books that we’ve been reading recently. These are all fantastic if you’re looking for a new read!
Merrick’s Book Recommendations
- I Like Me Anyway – My friend Brooke Romney wrote this book and I think everyone should read it. It’s about being kind to yourself, understanding your worth, and she has actionable ideas at the end of each chapter to help you make changes right now.
- Bomb: The Race to Build – and Steal – the World’s Most Dangerous Weapon – This was a really fascinating book about building the atomic bomb. It’s told in a really fast paced and readable way, with lots of details about building bombs and the Cold War that I didn’t know.
- Finlay Donovan is Killing It – This is a fun murder mystery chicklit kind of book that was entertaining and fluffy. It’s about an author and mom who is just trying to write her new novel and survive with two little kids, and somehow finds herself hired as a contracted killer. It’s funny and the narrator is great!
- 168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think – This is a great read to help you manage your time. If you’re feeling like you don’t have enough time to do the things you want to do in your life, this is a must read!
- Come as you are – I went on a girls trip recently and this book came up as a must read for every woman. I’m not all the way through it, but it’s fascinating and helpful for women to have a better sex life!
Laura’s Book Recommendations
- More Than a Body – I think this should be required reading for every woman. It made me reevaluate why I felt certain ways about my body and helped me see my body as an instrument, not an ornament.
- The Midnight Library – A fiction book that really made me stop and think. It’s all about the “what-ifs” in life and learning to be happy where you are. One of my top fiction books of all time!
- The Last Thing He Told Me – A page-turner! I loved this and can’t say why without giving spoilers, but it was SO good and took a different direction than I expected. Read it to find out!
- No-Drama Discipline – My parenting bible. This book has helped me so much with my two toddler boys. I feel more confident and capable and that I’m really helping my boys grow and learn. I have this by my bedside and try to read from it a few times a week.
- Local Woman Missing – Such a thriller! This book will leave you on the edge of your seat. It’s not gruesome, scary, or spooky, but just shocking. I could not BELIEVE the ending, it made me want to go back and read the book again. If you’re like me and love spoilers, don’t give in to peeking at the end of the book. I promise it’ll be worth it!
Kristy’s Book Recommendations
- Five Years Gone/One Year Home by Marie Force (series)- I love a good romance novel. This series did not disappoint and seemed so real. It’s a military story of a wife who loses her husband, finds love again, and then her husband returns. Its a page turner!!
- How to Raise an Adult by Julie Lythcott-Haims- This book has changed my outlook on parenting. It is a great guide to remembering that we are here to guide our children to adulthood and to be successful adults. For them to get there, and be an emotionally intelligent adult, we need to let them experience life. We are not just here to protect them from all of the hurt. Fascinating read.
- In Five Years: A Novel by Rebecca Serle- This book is the perfect book to remind us that we can plan our lives out, but sometimes something, or someone will come along and make you rethink your plan.
- The People We Keep by Allison Larkin- This book will make you think. It is an emotional roller coaster, but in the end you think about the people in your life and who is important to invest time into.
- American Royals Series by Katharine McGee – This series is set as if the United States had Royalty and its all the details you wish you could get on the real Royals. Love, loyalty to family, loyalty to country and tradition and more!