Need some ideas for skirts? Skirts are so versatile and can be worn in any season. Check out these 16 midi skirt outfit ideas, plus some gorgeous midi skirt shopping options!
Why midi skirts are my favorite style of skirt
Midi skirts are my favorite style of skirt. They are so fun to dress down with a graphic tee and sneakers, or dress up with heels and a sweater for church. Plus, they’re flattering on almost every body type, and the longer length makes them really mom-friendly.
Check out all these midi skirt outfit ideas
1. Wear your midi skirt with a button down shirt tied up
You don’t always need to tuck into a midi skirt! Instead, try a button down shirt and tie the ends together right at the waistband.
2. Knotting your t-shirt makes for a cute skirt outfit idea
In the spring, when you start wearing your skirts with t-shirts, try knotting your t-shirt right at the waistband of your skirt for a fun little detail.
3. Try tucking a graphic tee into your skirt
I love a good graphic tee, and midi skirts are really fun to wear with them. You can dress them up or down with heels and a jacket, or dress them down with sneakers or sandals!
4. A plaid midi skirt can speak for itself.
If you choose a patterned midi skirt, a basic white tee or bodysuit is all you need with it. Let that plaid speak for itself!
5. Try an easy layer like a cropped vest!
You can totally layer jackets and vests over a midi skirt. Just make sure the length of your vest or jacket hits you right around the waistband of your skirt. A jacket longer than that makes your body proportions a little funky.
6. A button up shirt and sneakers makes for a fun and unexpected combo.
This was an outfit I wore to New York Fashion Week a few years ago, so it’s definitely a little more edgy than outfits I usually put together. But I love the lace mixed with a structured blouse. You could swap out the sneakers for a pair of heels to make a great work or church outfit!
7. Toss a striped tee on with a solid skirt.
If your skirt is solid color, a striped tee is always a great option!
8. Pleated skirts and sneakers are really cute together
A white pleated skirt is one of my most worn skirts. It’s so versatile and is easy to dress up or down. Try it with heeled pumps or sandals, or dress it down with sneakers!
9. In the summer, a straw hat is always a good idea.
Sometimes summer outfits can be a little bit boring. It’s too hot for layers! So instead, try some fun accessories like a straw hat!
10. Try a metallic skirt with a little pop of leopard.
If you’ve got a flashy midi skirt, a simple sweater and a small pop of pattern makes an amazing outfit.
11. Bodysuits are always a good idea
I love a good bodysuit, and a bodysuit paired with a midi skirt makes an amazing combo. Toss on a pair of loafer flats and you’re ready for fall.
12. A chambray shirt and neck scarf are perfect with a midi skirt
This is one of my favorite outfits ever. The scarf and chambray combo are so fun and chic.
13. Try print mixing with your midi skirt
A skirt with a fun print is even more fun when paired with another print!
14. Dress down your midi skirt with a sweatshirt and some sneakers!
I love dressing down midi skirts with sneakers, but a sweatshirt takes down even one more notch. This is a great midi skirt outfit idea for fall.
15. A turtleneck and headband are perfect for fall and winter
If the weather is cold, a turtleneck is the perfect choice tucked into a pleated midi skirt. Toss on a leopard headband to add a little pop of pattern!
16. Try some bold prints together!
A striped tissue turtleneck and a bold printed midi skirt are a fun and bold pairing for spring!
Most of these skirts I’m wearing are really old, so I’ve rounded up some other great midi skirt options!