Last year I got really into podcasts.
I listen to podcasts when I exercise as a way of distracting my mind from the pain of tough workouts (and it works!), so I’m listening to new podcast episodes every single day.
I often share on my Instagram stories the podcast I listened to that day, and I’ve had many of you message me saying that you like knowing which podcasts and episodes are good or not.
I’ve certainly listened to some that are less worthwhile than others, but I’ve also listened to several that are LIFE CHANGING.
So today I want to share those life changing ones that all of you should listen to!
These are in absolutely no order — the order is solely based on how they’re arranged in my podcast app.
- Oprah’s Super Soul Conversations, Brene Brown Part 1: Daring Greatly
- This is a fantastic episode about how to live a life that’s true to you, and not caring what other people think. So inspiring. She has a second episode on Oprah’s podcast that’s a follow up to this one, and it’s fantastic too, but this one was my favorite.
- Better than Happy with Jody Moore: Episode 12. Am I a Good Mom?
- Every mom out there must listen to this. She talks about how important it is to define “What does being a good mom actually mean for me?” in order to set your goals realistically. She also talks about the power of diversifying where you receive your validation from, cause kids don’t give you the validation you need as a human being and as a mom, so you have to find it elsewhere to be happy. So powerful and insightful.
- How I Built This: Spanx with Sara Blakely.
- As a fellow entrepreneur with big goals, this was so inspiring. Sara had an idea, had literally no support or real knowledge about how to build a company like this, but just kept trying and working and persevering until she built a huge successful company. A very similar episode to this one is the How I Built This episode with Kate and Andy Spade, and also the one with Melissa and Doug. All three are inspiring and motivating!
- Happier with Gretchen Rubin: Episode 37: Obligers – Are You an Elizabeth?
- I love Gretchen Rubin’s podcasts, and there are so many good tips in each of them, but I didn’t really feel like there was any particular life changing episodes that stood out in my mind. However, her series of four episodes about the Four Tendencies were so insightful. I’m an Obliger, so learning more about myself was so helpful. I definitely recommend listening to the episode about your tendency!
- Happier with Gretchen Rubin: Episode 36: Questioners – Do you Always Ask Why?
- So this one was also super insightful because my husband is a questioner. This opened my eyes in a huge way about how his mind works, and why he does certain things. It also gave me a lot of advice on how to approach certain situations in a way that is best suited for his personality type.
- Awesome with Alison: Episode 25: Big Picture Thinking vs. Small Picture Thinking
- I’ve listened to this episode multiple times because it’s so motivating. Any limitations we have for our goals all come from our mind. So having Alison map out how to think of things in the big picture rather than being close minded is motivating and helpful.
- Awesome with Alison: Episode 1: How to Slay Your Goals and Get Stuff Done
- This was the episode that changed it all for me. Her first tip for slaying your goals is “Change Your Story,” and how reframing your obstacles and pinpointing your priorities allows you to actually make changes. I had never consistently exercised, and the very next day I started and now I’ve been doing it consistently for almost 10 months. LIFE CHANGING. I love all her episodes, but these are two of my very favorite.
- The Life Coach School with Brooke Castillo: Episode 1: Why You Aren’t Taking Action
- Someone recommended this podcast to me, and within the first episode I was hooked. Brooke is a go-getter and kind of tough love. She says things like they are, and won’t take no for an answer. I love that, and I need that sometimes. This episode is where you should all start, because she outlines her entire life coach framework. All of the other principles taught in her other episodes lead back to the framework.
- The Life Coach School with Brooke Castillo: Episode 17: How to Solve Any Problem
- This totally seemed like a clickbait title, but it ISN’T! She talks about changing your mentality, and it’s a domino effect from there.
- The Life Coach School with Brooke Castillo: Episode 179: Productivity
- I listened to this episode the other day and LOVED it. It’s all about increasing your productivity, how to hire people who are productive, and how to maximize your time and energy so you’re the most productive you can be. If you struggle with productivity, LISTEN TO THIS.
Ok, now your turn! I’d love for you to share other podcasts or episodes that have been life changing for you!