Here are my ten essentials. I’ve generalized them so it’s easier for you identify similar essentials in your closet.
lightweight dress: target (similar
) // cut-off shorts: abercrombie (similar
) // white jeans: ross (similar
) // pattern skirt: c/o oasap
// wedge sandals: old navy (similar
) // sandals: target (check your local store; similar
) // lightweight jacket: c/o chicwish
// graphic tee: made by me
// solid color tee: kohls
// patterned tee: forever 21
These are the ten outfits I came up with, made up of these ten pieces.
My favorite thing about these ten pieces is that they are so basic, but put together they become incredibly versatile. There is an outfit for nearly every summer occasion, even with so few pieces. A day at the beach, out to dinner with friends, a lunch date, an evening concert, an afternoon at the park, a dressy dinner…you name it.
1. This is the simplest of the ten outfits, perfect for a day at the park with my babies. Since it’s just shorts and a t-shirt, I added my gold watch and a pretty gold necklace
to make it a little bit less plain.
2. This might be my favorite of the ten outfits. The mint and white is such a simple, clean palette that I didn’t want to over do it. So I added a monochrome necklace
, a skinny gold belt
, and a swipe of red lipstick. Perfect for date night!
3. Jean cut-offs and a graphic tee is a super simple and casual look, but adding a fun army jacket, glasses
, and a pretty gold necklace
makes the whole outfit a bit more interesting while still being casual.
4. This skirt might be my new favorite — it is so versatile. Here I paired it with my solid colored tee to offset the loud pattern, and also pulled it up to be a high waisted knee-length skirt. I added a little lip color to match the orange and pink tones in the skirt, and a simple pendant necklace that completes but doesn’t clutter up the outfit.
5. White jeans go with everything, and a navy and white striped top goes with everything. A match made in heaven. I cuffed the jeans, added a pretty necklace
, and threw on a nude colored belt
to complete the outfit.
6. For this outfit, I pulled the skirt down to make it more midi length and it totally changed the feel of it. Then I added a chunky bracelet
and my gold watch and called it good.
7. This dress is simple enough that you can add belts, scarves, cardigans, tights, or any number of accessories, but I kind of like it just by itself. I added a pretty necklace
and my hat
for a breezy simple look.
8. You should know by now that I love pattern mixing. Although this is a pretty bold pairing, the colors in the top and skirt are similar so it works. I added a simple but bold necklace
, a bright lip, and a top knot, for a fun and easy look.
9. Like I mentioned above, this dress is so easy to pair with everything, and this jacket is no exception. I added a pretty pink belt
(to help define my waist and add a pop of color), and my gold watch.
10. Sometimes shorts and a t-shirt don’t have to be so casual. Knot your tee, add a big sparkly necklace
and some wedges, and suddenly you’ve glammed up the most basic of outfits.
Whew! Ten great outfits from ten summer friendly pieces! Did you make it all the way through??
Happy Friday and Happy Remixing!