Athleisure is always a great option in summer. Wearing light exercise clothes is great for hot summer days when you’re chasing your kids around. Here are some tips to keep the outfits looking good.
Why the “before” athleisure outfit needs improvements:
- If you read my summer shorts post, you know my feelings about biker shorts. They are great for actually riding bikes, but not for everyday.
- The length cuts you off right in the middle of your leg, and it shows every lump and bump and just isn’t the most flattering shorts option.
- Wearing a baggy tee with the biker shorts creates a shapeless look.
- Rubber flip flops are my least favorite shoe unless you’re going to the pool…we can do better!
A few easy ways to improve your summer athleisure outfits
- There are lots of super lightweight leggings out there! These ones from Aerie are SO lightweight and comfy, and a full length that’s much more flattering.
- If you want to wear an oversized tee, add a knot to define your waist and add a cute detail.
- Add accessories, like a hat and some simple earrings.
- Instead of flip flops or your running shoes, try a cute pair of sneakers that elevates your outfit.
If you’re more of a visual person, here’s the same advice in action
Other summer athleisure outfits you might like
Why these outfits work:
- Outfit 1:
- It might be too hot for black leggings in the summer where you live, but try super lightweight pairs or lighter colors that won’t be so hot. Tying a shirt around your waist defines the waist and covers the booty. Also adding a printed tee and some cute fashion sneakers makes the outfit feel a little more fun.
- Outfit 2:
- These colored leggings are a good summery option that feels athletic in a less-athletic outfit. Adding a shirt around the waist to cover the booty, a cute summer bag, fashion sneakers, and a baseball hat makes the outfit feel finished and cute, rather than “I-just-left-the-gym.”
I hope this helps you put together great summer athleisure outfits!