Can you wear sneakers in the summer? Absolutely! There are a few tips you’ll want to follow to keep your summer sneaker outfits looking great.
Why the “before” sneakers outfit needs improvements:
- I love wearing sneakers in the summer when you need a sturdier shoe. But true athletic sneakers can feel very masculine in an outfit and make it feel clunky.
- Cut off denim shorts are a great option, but wearing them with a super fitted tee makes the shorts bulge out around the fly and waist underneath the tee in an unflattering way. So instead of a fitted tee, we can choose something better!
- No accessories makes the outfit feel plain and unfinished.
A few easy ways to improve your summer outfits with sneakers
- Instead of a clunky athletic shoe, try a slim fashion sneaker! White is my top choice for a crisp look, but you could do another color or print as well.
- I chose a nice white blouse to balance the denim shorts, which are more masculine with the fit and length.
- Also defining the waist with a tuck or half tuck helps elongate your leg line, especially with a longer short.
- Don’t forget no-show socks to keep a nice clean leg line!
- And of course accessories help finish the outfit…you don’t need anything fancy, just a few bracelets and a pair of earrings is great!
If you’re more of a visual person, here’s the same advice in action
Looking to add some summer to your closet?
Other summer outfits with sneakers you might like
Why these outfits work:
- Outfit 1:
- of course you can wear sneakers with skirts and dresses during the summer! This midi length skirt works with sneakers when you balance it with a casual tee. The slim and low cut fashion sneaker works with a longer midi skirt!
- Outfit 2:
- a basic white sneaker is great for summer dresses. This dress defines my waist, shows off a leg line, and the white sneaker makes it a little more casual without being TOO casual.
Why these outfits work:
- Outfit 3:
- A classy button up shirt is a great option with cut off shorts in the summer, and you could wear sandals, but also sneakers work great! Choose ones that are summery in a light color/print or bright white, and don’t forget to define your waist with a half or full tuck (or an untucked top that doesn’t drown you in fabric).
- Outfit 4
- This outfit would totally work with summer sandals, but sneakers are a great option with cut off shorts and a cute better than basic top! Adding a few accessories and a half tuck help the outfit feel finished!
I hope this helps you put together great summer outfits with sneakers!