These are the four best workout leggings for women. I will buy these workout tight brands over and over because they’re flattering, comfortable, and keep up with my intense workouts!
I’ve tried lots of exercise leggings for women and these four are my absolute favorites!
Over the last year and a half as I’ve started exercising regularly, I’ve worn a lot of different exercise leggings and tights.
Today I want to share my favorite brands that consistently impress me, keep up with my burpees, squats, and multi mile runs, and keep everything held in place.
And if you have some additional favorites, I’d love if you’d share!
I’d heard rave reviews about Zella brand exercise leggings for years, and finally picked up a pair last summer. They’ve lived up to all the hype!
- The material is super stretchy and very soft and comfortable
- I love the high waist that keeps everything held in
- These leggings don’t stretch out or sag, even after many, many wears
- They’re thick, but not too thick, so they’re good for all year round (well, maybe not in the 100 degree heat, but you know what I mean)
- I especially love that they’re neutral and basic so I can wear them as pants and they don’t look so much like exercise leggings.
I’ve only tried a couple of pairs of Old Navy leggings, so I can’t speak for every pair on their site, but I’ve been REALLY impressed with the quality.
THIS DARK PINK PAIR with the mesh cut outs is the exact pair I have.
I have had these for over a year and they’re still in incredible condition.
The only downside to this pair is that they will stretch out a tiny bit in the knees in between washes (usually only if I wear them for the entire day). But if you’re on a budget, these are an amazing pair for the low price.
Here are a few reasons I love these leggings:
- They have a good semi high waist that keeps everything in without being crazy high — if you’re not into super high waists, these are a good pair for you
- I love the ankle length — not too long (I’m 5’6”)
- These leggings hold up really well in the wash – in over a year I haven’t had any pilling or stretching out
- The material is sturdy and holds everything in (although they’re not quite as stretchy or soft as my Zella leggings)
I did a campaign with Athleta last year and tried out their running tights for the first time. HOLY COW, you guys, these leggings are amazing.
They’re a higher price point, but honestly I’d buy them again and again because of the quality.
These are a few specific reasons I love these running tights.
- These leggings have an amazing fit; the high waist is perfect, the waistband is thick and sturdy, and the ankle length is perfect.
- The material of the leggings is beyond soft. Silky smooth and soft, and so incredibly comfortable on the inside and outside.
- I can wear these leggings many times in between washes without any sagging in the knees or back.
- I have machine washed them many times and they’ve held up perfectly.
These leggings were a recent purchase — they are an amazon best seller with incredible ratings. So of course I had to try them.
Here are a few reasons I love these running tights.
- The material is buttery soft. They feel so much more expensive than they are!
- You cannot beat this price for this quality of leggings. They’re under $30!
- The leggings have pockets on each side so you can hold your phone in them as you run.
- I love the waistband on these — high waisted and flattering, and so comfortable.
photos by Priscilla Frey