It’s the season for white sneakers, and this is how to keep white sneakers clean. Just a few easy steps for both canvas and leather sneakers.
Do you know these easy tricks for how to clean white sneakers?
In the spring, white sneakers are some of my favorite shoes. They’re great with skirts and dresses, t-shirts and jeans, and sweaters and shorts. These are a few easy tips for how to clean white sneakers as you wear them so much this spring and summer.
If you’re shopping for white sneakers for spring, see all my favorites here.
How to clean white sneakers
For leather shoes:
- Mr. Clean Magic Erasers work super well — just get it slightly damp and rub in a circular motion
- Remove the laces and wash them in the washing machine. Clean laces make the whole shoe look cleaner.
- Use a toothbrush or soft rag with water and a tiny bit of dish soap
For canvas shoes:
- Most canvas shoes can go in the washing machine (see my white converse cleaning post here)
- Use a toothbrush with water and dish soap and scrub the canvas in a circular motion
- For the soles, clean with a toothbrush or Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
Shop these two white sneakers right here
shop all my favorite white sneakers here
In a pinch I used a baby wipe to clean my daughter’s faux suede sneakers and outsole. It worked great! They looked brand new! I also like a damp microfiber cloth.
Gojo wipes work amazing for Hard to clean areas. Gojo is the scrub that mechanics use tO remove grEase from their hands – its powerful stuff! They now make wipes and i highly RECOMMEND having a container on hand for all sorrs of things – including SPot-cleaning your shoes