These six different summer hairstyles are quick and easy, and perfect for summer. Which one is your favorite?
Summer hairstyles are essential for beating the Texas heat and humidity
The Texas heat and humidity this summer has been brutal, and basically everyday I’m pulling my hair up to keep myself cooler. If you’re in the same boat, no matter where you live, these six summer hairstyles will hopefully give you a little inspiration for keeping your hair out of your face and off your neck.
1. HIGH PONYTAIL
2. TOP KNOT
A topknot is my go-to when my hair is longer. It keeps my hair out of my face and looks great for the beach or the pool or just everyday.
3. MESSY LOW BUN
I love doing a low messy bun underneath a baseball cap or just on days when I want it back but want that messy, effortless look. This one is super easy!
4. HALF MESSY BUN
I love a half messy bun if I need my hair out of the front of my face, but it’s clean and I’m not ready to pull it up completely quite yet.
You can see how I curl my hair here.
5. FISHTAIL PONYTAIL
My fishtail braids always fell out until I discovered the top elastic trick. Now they stay in place all day!
Here’s how to do it:
- Pull your hair in a low ponytail and secure with a small hair tie.
- Do a regular fishtail braid down the ponytail, and secure with another small hair tie.
- Pull some of the pieces along the braid to make it look a little loose and messy.
- Spray with some Navy Hair Care Style Navigator finishing spray to keep those frizzies away all day.
6. SIDE BRAID LOW PONYTAIL
This one is so fast and is prettier than just a regular low ponytail.
Here’s how to do it:
- Part your hair on the side. Whichever side you’d like.
- Grab about three inches of hair next to the part, and make a regular braid.
- Secure the end of the braid with a small hair tie, then loosen each piece down the braid to make it look wide and thick.
- Pull all your hair, including the braid into a into a low ponytail.
- Spray the braid and ponytail with Finishing Spray, and you’re done!