We’re celebrating two golden birthdays this month! Here are some fun ideas to make this day extra special.
Two of my boys have their golden birthdays this month. I love finding little ways to make the basic days more fun, so I asked my followers for their best golden birthday ideas.
What is a Golden Birthday?
A golden birthday is when you’re turning the same age as the date of your birthday – turning 8 on the 8th, 20 on the 20th, etc.
Golden Birthday Ideas
- Do a golden breakfast – get donuts and spry them with edible gold color mist and use gold utensils, cups, and plates. Then give them a Golden Ticket to redeem for activities the rest of the day.
- Throw them a “Golden Ticket” themed party for their golden birthday – everything is candy-themed!
- Write a favorite memory on a golden note card for them to keep.
- Give a golden snitch (candy or replica) from Harry Potter
- Decorate with gold everything: balloons, streamers, plates, etc.
- Golden snacks: Goldfish, Golden Grahams, Haribo Gold bears, Hershey’s Gold, Golden Oreos
- Brunch with gold food: waffles, egg casseroles, pineapple, tater tots, and donut holes
- Maple donuts with gold number candles
- Treasure hunt to find gold coins and present wrapped in gold paper
- Wrap all the gifts in golden paper
- Give the same number gifts as the age they’re turning
- Gold Christmas ornaments hung from the ceiling like snow!
- Olympic-themed party with fun games to win gold medals
I hope these ideas help you celebrate a special birthday!