It’s a new season! There are so many great fall trends this year, I’m really excited to try some out and share ideas with you.
Fall is probably my favorite season to dress for, and we’re already getting a little feel for it in Missouri!
Here are some fall trends that I’ll be trying this year. If some of these trends don’t work for you – no worries! There are plenty to choose from this season.
10 Trends I’m Wearing this Fall
- Yep, blazers are still going strong! If you haven’t tried them yet, this is the season! I’ll be wearing them this season with dresses, jeans, pants, and skirts. I’ve got a post HERE on how to dress a blazer down, what things to wear under a blazer HERE, and a post HERE about how to wear them with dresses.
2. Chelsea Boots
- Lots of you were hesitant about the Chelsea boot trend, when I bought mine and raved about them back in January 2021. Here we are almost two years later and they’re still super popular! I’d recommend choosing ones that aren’t too clunky so they feel more timeless. THESE ONES are my absolute favorite.
3. Leather – pants/leggings/jackets
- Leather is a big trend this fall, and although leather has been around for ages, it’s not always super trendy. Leather pants, leather leggings, leather jackets, leather skirts, and leather jackets are all great options. I love wearing them with denim, button up shirts, t-shirts, and cozy sweaters.
4. Color red
- There’s always one or two big colors for each season, and the color red is predicted to be one of the biggest colors this fall. I’m excited cause a classic red is always a good idea. Add pops of it with a pair of red shoes, a red wool coat, a red scarf, or even red lipstick.
- Button up shirts, pleated trousers, belts, loafers, and blazers are all part of this. I think, like any trend, it’s always better in smaller doses. I don’t love when all of these trends are mixed together in one outfit on a woman, but a blazer with jeans, or a button up with a skirt or jeans, or pleated trousers with a tee can totally work.
6. Sports Luxe
- As we’ve headed out of the major athleisure trend that 2020 brought on, it has elevated to sports luxe. Lots of tennis skirts, cute sweatshirts, baseball caps with button downs, sneakers with dresses, and other little sporty elements added to a sophisticated outfit. This is my dream style.
7. Olive green
- Olive green is one of my all time favorite colors to wear. It’s super versatile and goes with everything! I did a post HERE with different colors and prints you can wear with olive green, if you need some ideas. This year, olive green utility jackets are big, olive green pants (my favorites are HERE), and olive green tops and dresses. Definitely add this to your closet in some form if you haven’t already!
8. Long Denim Skirts
- This is one trend I’m not crazy about. I love a knee length or shorter denim skirt, but the super long maxi and midi ones are not my favorite. It’s a lot of fabric and so heavy and clunky-feeling. I don’t intend to rock this particular trend…it feels very 90’s to me.
9. Full-length pants
- Full length pants for women are a huge trend this year. With skinny jean styles around for the last two decades, we’ve stuck to ankle length on those. And then when straight and wide leg jeans came onto the scene in the last decade, those were often cropped or ankle length. But now, full length jeans are in and huge for fall. I’m working on a post about how to style them and what shoes to wear, but in the mean time, give them a try! I just bought THIS PAIR and I absolutely love them.
10. Graphic Sweatshirts
- This is a great trend if your style is more casual. It fits into sports luxe, which I mentioned above, but I feel like it deserves a category of its own since it’s been around for years and isn’t going anywhere. There are so many good options out there in various styles, and you can go for a more fitted style or more oversized style. Whatever’s your preference!
11. Western Boots
- Western boots are a huge trend for 2023. We’ve seen them with dresses, in particular, and I think it’s a fun trend that I’m wanting to explore. I personally don’t love them with jeans or trousers, since that feels a little too “cowboy” for me, but I do think they can look amazing with a dress.
- I’m sure Taylor Swift is a huge reason for this trend, but metallic is going to be a big deal for fall 2023. Don’t save it just for New Year’s Eve! Try it with a metallic bag, a pair of metallic sneakers or flats or loafers, a metallic belt over a dress, or a top with metallic elements. I’m seeing metallic pants popping up here or there, and I’ll for sure be skipping those.
13. Cargo Pants
- The patch pocket pants of the 90’s and early 2000’s are back! I’m not thrilled about this trend, since a lot of cargo pants just add bulk to your legs, and I just have no interest in doing that. But I just got THIS PAIR cause I think they look a little more slim and less bulky (and of course, you know I love the color), so I’m giving them a go this season.
14. Mixing Feminine and Masculine
- With the huge resurgence of masculine pieces, I’m also seeing them styled with feminine pieces, which I think can be a grat pairing. Corsets and lace and lingerie style pieces are being paired with blazers, and while I’m not going to be wearing lingerie as clothing, I think the lace and the blazer combo can be spectacular and so visually appealing. I’ll most definitely be doing some kind of combo of these during the fall.
15. Sweater Dresses
- Sweater dresses are classic, but they’re a big trend this year. We’re seeing more midi and maxi options, and I think with a pair of chelsea boots or sneakers, they look so cool. Add a blazer or jacket or coat over the top and you’ve got a really fantastic street style look.
What trends are you looking at wearing this fall?? Any of these??