If you’ve been around a while, you know how much I love my Ecco Soft 7 sneakers. Today, I’m answering all your questions on sizing, styling, and cleaning these sneakers.
I’ve had my Ecco Soft 7 Sneakers for quite a few years, and can safely say they’re the comfiest daily sneaker I own. I’ve worn them traveling, to amusement parks, running errands, everything – and the remain comfy and supportive. Today I’m answering all your questions about these sneakers.
How is the sizing? Are they true to size?
- Ecco only does full sizes, but size down if you’re a half size. If you’re 7.5, size down to an 7.
Do I like the other colors?
- For this particular sneaker, I like the white the most. But I’m not opposed to the other colors!
Do they ever go on sale?
- The white ones RARELY go on sale, But if you subscribe to Ecco HERE, you can get 15% off your first purchase, and if you create an account you get free shipping and returns!
How do I wash them or keep them clean?
- This is going to feel controversial, but I wash mine in the washing machine. I remove the laces, then throw them in with a couple of white towels and regular detergent, and then let them air dry (it takes several days for them to fully dry, so plan accordingly). If you’re worried about that, try a white bar of soap and a damp cloth.
What makes them so great?
- They are EXTREMELY comfortable with no breaking in required. They’re supportive, comfortable, easy to wear, a perfect low cut sneaker that goes with everything, and are really high quality and sturdy. They do not feel cheap or flimsy.
Are they good for traveling and walking?
- Yep, the best. I’ve worn them for miles and miles without any issue.
What happens if they get wet?
- I’ve worn them to amusement parks and they get wet on rides, and there are little spots or lines where the water has seeped into them. After running them through the washing machine, those water stains are gone!
Do I wear socks with them?
Can you wear them with skirts and dresses?
- Heck yes! They are low cut with a low tongue and a low profile, so they’re an ideal style of sneakers with dresses and sneakers. You can see me styling them with skirts and dresses here!
Are my feet slim or wide?
- My feet are normal — not overly slim and not wide.
Do these sneakers stretch out?
- They do a little bit over time! I’ve had mine for like 6 years so honestly I can’t remember how tight they were when I got them, but leather always softens over time.
Do they have arch support?
- Yes, they do! But definitely add inserts if you need additional support.
How wide is the toe box?
- It’s actually fairly wide and designed to let your toes spread as you walk, rather than constricting your toes.
Are other Ecco sneakers just as comfy?
- Nope. There was a pair in the Nordstrom sale that I was so excited about cause they were on big time sale, but they were not even close to as comfortable. They were even the same “Soft” style, but were a Soft 9 instead of the Soft 7. But the Soft 7 sneakers come in other styles and colors! I bought a quilted pair a few years ago and they were just as comfy.
Do they make your feet hot?
- Not any more or less than other sneakers. I wear them with socks so they don’t get super sweaty.
Worth it to have these and Golden Goose? Would I wear other colors in colder months?
- These are totally different than Golden Goose sneakers, so I like having both. These are classic and plain, where GG’s are trendy and have embellishments. They’re totally different categories for me! In the fall, the black or tan ones would be great, but I don’t typically buy one item in multiple colors, so I only have these in white.
How do they do in the rain?
- I haven’t worn them in rain, and I probably wouldn’t recommend wearing them regularly in the rain. But if you do, I’d probably treat them with leather protector. If you have a good leather protector recommendation, I’d love to hear!
Do I like them more than Rothy’s sneakers?
- Rothy’s sneakers are totally different! I like them both for different reasons. Rothy’s sneakers are cut a little higher, they’re made with a super stretchy fabric material, they’re a slimmer cut and higher tongue, not quite so supportive, and a brighter white. Both are fantastic, they’re just very different. If you want a leather sneaker, the Ecco one is the best. If you want a stretchy fabric sneaker, definitely try the Rothy’s sneakers.
Do they need to be broken in?
- Nope – straight out of the box they are extremely comfortable, and just continue to get more comfortable. I’ve had hundreds of messages over the years of me sharing these shoes from people who purchased and wore them on a walking vacation with zero issues. The same was true for me!
They’re expensive, but I promise they’re worth every penny. I’ll show you them in person on stories tomorrow – follow along on Instagram to check it out!
IF YOU LIKED THIS POST, YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- 4 White Sneaker Outfits for Summer
- 5 Essential Shoes In My Closet
- 4 Ways to Wear White Sneakers In the Fall