I’ve made this chocolate lava cake every year for Valentine’s Day for the last ten years. It’s the perfect decadent dessert for Valentine’s Day or any other special occasion!
This chocolate lava cake is the perfect dessert for this weekend!
Ten years ago I discovered this chocolate lava cake from Cupcakes and Cashmere’s blog. The original recipe was from The New York Times diner journal, and after a few tweaks over the years, the recipe is perfect.
If you’re not sure what to do this weekend for Valentine’s Day, might I recommend this recipe?
Chocolate Lava Cake
A decadent, simple chocolate cake with a molten middle.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 10 oz milk chocolate ghirardelli or guittard are the best
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 4 tsp flour
- In the top of a double boiler set over simmering water, heat the butter and chocolate together until the chocolate is almost completely melted. While that's heating, beat together the eggs, yolks, and sugar with a whisk or electric beater until light and thick - about 3 minutes.
- Beat together the melted chocolate and butter; it should be quite warm. Pour in the egg mixture, then quickly beat in the flour, just until combined.
- Butter four 10-ounce ramekins. Divide the batter among the ramekins. (At this point you can refrigerate the desserts until you are ready to eat, for up to several hours; bring them back to room temperature before baking.)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Bake the ramekins on a cookie sheet for 9-10 minutes; the center will still be quite soft, but the sides will be set.
- Top with fresh cut berries (we love strawberries and raspberries) and vanilla ice cream on the side. Serve immediately.
- The original recipe calls for the ramekins to be inverted and the cake placed onto a place. That added an unnecessary, stressful step for me, so I've always served them directly in the ramekins.
- You can use smaller ramekins, if that's all you have. I have 7-ounce ramekins and use those sometimes - just cook them for 7-8 minutes.
I hope you all have a happy Valentine’s Day weekend!!
IF YOU LIKED THIS POST, YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE POSTS
The Best Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas for Men and Women
Valentine’s Day ideas for kids (fun things to do, gifts, food, and more)
Easy pancake in a mug recipe
Thought I help you out. https://www.clkmg.com/champtop/1eev4m. Increase your business revenue it help my business income out a ton