I love April Fool’s day! I always try to do something FUN for my kids that will make them laugh. Here are 5 easy jokes you can play that are harmless and fun.
Are you a fan of April Fool’s Day? I hate all the mean jokes, personally. But I like doing some silly things that will make my kids laugh. Or maybe jokingly roll their eyes and say, “Mooooom.” That always makes ME laugh.
If you need some ideas, I’ve got five easy April Fool’s jokes for kids that are cute and silly that you can throw together at the last minute, especially because April Fools is only a few days away.
I got everything I needed for April Fool’s Jokes for my kids from Walmart
And if you need some ingredients or supplies, I hope you’re using your Walmart+ membership. If you don’t have a membership, seriously it’s life changing. It’s literally my favorite membership ever…you can get all the things you need from Walmart without even leaving the house…truly, I haven’t been into the store in over a year since I signed up for their service.
There are fresh, high quality groceries, the prices are the same low prices in store, and if you spend over $35, you get free, same day delivery (restrictions apply).
Here are the pricing details for Walmart+
Here’s what I ordered from Walmart for my April Fool’s jokes:
5 easy and harmless April Fools jokes you can play on your kids:
1. Swap their water bottles with Sprite! I’ve been doing this for years and my kids think it’s the best ever. They usually don’t take a drink of their water bottles until they get to school, so it’s a fun surprise and they’re so excited to tell me about it when they get home. Our water bottles aren’t transparent, but if yours are, the Sprite is clear so they won’t suspect it.
2. Swap a Cheetos bags with baby carrots! Carefully open up the bag (individual or a family bag) and dump out the cheetos into another bag. Hide that bag away and fill the Cheetos bag with carrots, then glue the bag back together. They’ll be shocked when they open it up!
3. Make Jell-O drinks. I do this one every year and the kids LOVE it. I pour the Jell-O into cups so it looks like juice, and then add a straw for extra effect. They go to take a drink and realize it’s totally solid and it always makes them laugh! Plus they get Jell-O out of it, which they love.
4. Swap the cereal bags. This one is super simple…just pull the bags of cereal out of the boxes and swap them. Choose a basic cereal and put a bag of fun cereal inside…they’ll be thrilled when they go to eat Chex and get Reeses’ Puffs!
5. Put Wiggly Eyes on everything! I always put eyes on the toilet seat so when they lift it up in the morning they have some eyes peeking at them. Put them on the mirror, on the cups in the cupboard, on food in the fridge or in the pantry. These adhesive wiggly eyes from Walmart make it so easy…no tape or glue required, and no damage to anything.
Any other fun ideas for April Fools? Tell me some of your traditions, or try some of these out this week on April 1st!
this post is sponsored by Walmart+