3 WAYS TO WEAR YOUR ANKLE BOOTS DURING THE SUMMER

With only a month left of Summer, Fall fashion is on my brain. Especially with the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, since everything from their Fall lines are on sale. And when I buy a few things in anticipation of Fall, I have a really hard time resisting those new items. I mean, who wants to wait two months to wear something new? Not me. I mean, I’m always the kind to wear my new birthday clothes on my birthday…obviously I have no patience.

So when I picked up these black Sam Edelman booties at the Anniversary Sale, I knew I had to figure out a way to wear them during the summer so I could get lots of use out of them even before it started to cool off.

And even if you haven’t bought any new ankle boots, dust off your pair from last season that are stuffed in the back of your closet and give them some love, because even during the summer these shoes can be totally appropriate!

First up, black and white. This chic color combination is perfect for summer, and a black bootie and clutch give it a really sleek look while still being light and airy for those sunny days. You could also do a brown and white version with a cognac bootie and crossbody bag!

j.crew factory top (similar here and here)
sam edelman booties (on sale right now!)

. . . . . . . .

During the fall I love to wear ankle booties with tights and dresses. Ditch the tights for summer and wear them with a bare leg and a lightweight summer dress. I also added a light wash denim jacket to keep the outfit feeling light and summery. This would also be perfect with a gray or brown bootie!
similar dress here, here (on sale!), and here
sam edelman bootie (on sale right now!)
jototes bag, c/o

. . . . . . . . .

And finally, a simple lightweight layers look. A graphic tee is a summer staple for me, but I like to dress it up a bit with a cargo vest. Then throw on a pair of distressed jeans or denim cut-offs and your booties are the perfect final touch!
photos by Sara Walk

DIY cargo vest (similar here, on sale!)
sam edelman booties (on sale right now!)
And here’s a few more of my favorite booties on sale right now! Click the images below to shop!
!function(d,s,id){var e, p = /^http:/.test(d.location) ? ‘http’ : ‘https’;if(!d.getElementById(id)) {e = d.createElement(s);e.id = id;e.src = p + ‘://’ + ‘widgets.rewardstyle.com’ + ‘/js/shopthepost.js’;d.body.appendChild(e);}if(typeof window.__stp === ‘object’) if(d.readyState === ‘complete’) {window.__stp.init();}}(document, ‘script’, ‘shopthepost-script’);
JavaScript is currently disabled in this browser. Reactivate it to view this content.

1. Marie B says:

My favorite is the 1st one.. All in white ! Perfect for summer 🙂

2. Natali says:

Super stylish outfits! 2nd outfit is my favorite one.

3. I absolutely love this post!!! Ankle booties are so versatile and I love how you styled them!

The Style Storm
    <3, Christina

4. Wow – what a great post! I LOVE all three outfits so much!
    You have such great style!

Best wishes from Canada,
    ♥Vivienne
    Feel Wunderbar

5. Mads M says:

I have definitely struggled with that combo before so this post is perfect !

Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

6. Agnes Mayer says:

Love these boots and the different ways you styled it!!!!!!

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

7. The combo of dark booties and light or white denim is really stunning – makes for a very elegant look!
    xo
    Jamie

8. Alice Warren says:

I agree that booties can be worn year round. Great examples of how to wear it in the summer.

Alice

9. I adore the second outfit! 🙂

10. I really love that green vest. I think it's the perfect casual top to go with anything. I am definitely going to make me one of these for summer down here in NZ.

11. Booties in the summer are my fave. As usual, you look absolutely adorable!

Love's the Journey

12. Does the boot run narrow or true to size for width?

13. Cute outfits, but unfortunately, none of these would work in the heat and humidity of East coast summers. 🙁

14. Just wondering if you have any tips for these ankle boots…I bought a cute pair with a heel, but the tops of the shoe hits right at my ankle bones, so they constantly rub and hurt. (Unfortunately, I bought them online, so wasn't able to try them on first & they were on clearance, so I'm stuck with them). I've actually never worn them out because after only a few minutes, they hurt. Do you have any suggestions that might help?

15. All of the looks are perfect!

Haley
    haleyvalerie.com

16. Merrick says:

I’d recommend taking them to a cobbler and try to get them stretched. They might have other suggestions as well. Good luck!

17. Young Restless says:

I love all these looks! Did you make the cargo vest you’re wearing in the last picture? I love it more than the similar version in the link!