Winter boot outfits! This was one of the most requested categories for the winter style guide. There are lots of styles of winter boots, but my tips with these duck boots outfits will help you style ANY of your winter boots well.
Why the “before” winter boot outfit needs improvements:
- A big, puffy coat may be a necessity, depending on where you live! But since I don’t need the longer length, this coat is a little shapeless and overwhelming for my body.
- Duck boots are a masculine style boot, especially in the classic brown colors, so adding some feminine accessories is a great way to add balance to your outfit. The beanie feels a little too masculine for this outfit.
- The light socks create a big contrast against my jeans, and the socks are also very thick so they’re creating a weird bulge in the middle of my leg. We can do better.
A few easy ways to improve your winter boot outfits:
- Swap the masculine beanie with a fun pom pom beanie to add some feminine balance to the outfit.
- Choose a shorter coat (if the weather allows) to give yourself a little less marshmallow shape
- A darker sock blends more with my jeans, so they don’t draw random attention to my calves. Also, these socks are still warm but not as bulky, so you don’t get the bulging at the top of the boots!
If you’re more of a visual person, here’s the same advice in action
Looking to add some duck boots or winter boots to your closet this season?
I got my duck boots at L.L. Beans, and they’re incredible quality. But if you’re looking for another pair of winter boots, I’ve linked a few below!
Other duck boot outfits and winter boot outfits to give you some inspiration
Why these outfits work:
- These outfits all have good winter boot outfits in different styles and heights! But you can see that all of them are slim fit pants that tuck right into the boot. And every outfit that has socks are slim and only show a bit of the sock – that’s good! Also each outfit has a good balance up top so the clunky boots don’t make the outfit feel bottom heavy.
Now go wear your duck boots or other winter boots, and wear them well!