Not everyone wears jeans in the summer, but I do, and plenty of other people do too. So I want to show you some summer outfits with jeans and how to improve yours!
Why the “before” blue jeans outfit needs improvements:
- I love DARK WASH JEANS, but a lighter wash will give the outfit a more summer-y feel
- The length of the jeans is too long
- RUBBER FLIP FLOPS are for the pool only — let’s find a better sandal!
- The length of the TEE isn’t bad, but a half tuck will help give some shape to the body
- No accessories to finish the outfit — we can do better!
A few easy ways to improve your summer outfits with jeans
- A LIGHTER WASHER DENIM feels more warm weather appropriate. Dark wash are great, but a mid or light rinse feels summer-y
- Half tucking the shirt gives my body some shape and gives me a waistline
- The length of the jeans is more flattering to my leg line. The bunching at the ankle of the dark wash pair is a clear sign that they’re too long.
- A BASEBALL HAT adds a fun vibe and brings attention to your face.
If you’re more of a visual person, here’s the same advice in action
Looking for a pair of lighter wash denim for summer?
Check out these light wash jeans so you can put together cute summer outfits with jeans.
Other cute summer outfits with jeans
Why these outfits work:
- Outfit 1
- Both of the pieces in this outfit are slightly oversized. Tucking the shirt in creates a waistline so I have some shape under all the fabric
- The light wash jeans feel summer-y
- Eyelet on the top and pearl sandals gives the outfit femininity despite the distressed jeans
- Cuffing the jeans makes them a good length
- A nude sandal elongates the legs
- Outfit 2
- I’ve taken this basic jeans and tee outfit up a notch with large distressing and a printed tee
- Cuffing the jeans makes them the right length
- Nude sandals elongate the legs
Why these outfits work:
- Outfit 3:
- The scarf and hat draw attention to the face and add some some interest to a basic white tee and jeans outfit
- A colorful sandal is always a good choice with basics
- Jeans aren’t too long and keep the leg line elongated
- Outfit 4:
- A mid rinse pair of jeans is a great color for summer
- The striped top adds some interest
- A knot at the waist keeps the hemline of the shirt closer to my natural waist
- The length of the jeans is great when paired with a sandal
Hope this helps you put together those summer outfits with jeans!