Statement shoes are a fun accessory to wear with a basic outfit. Here are three tips for how to wear statement shoes with your outfits!
How to wear statement shoes
Statement shoes are fun year round – I love wearing statement sneakers with jeans and shorts, or statement heels with dresses, and even statement boots in the fall and winter!
Here are three simple tips to help you wear your statement shoes:
- Keep the rest of your outfit a little more subdued — I’d recommend staying away from super bold pieces that will create a very loud outfit with pieces competing. For example: if you have leopard print boots, avoid wearing a loud print top or dress. You don’t have to wear neutral colors necessarily, just don’t do anything that competes for attention.
- Create balance in your outfit — if your shoes are super bold, make sure the rest of the outfit feels balanced by color or texture or tone. I have a whole post about creating balance in your outfit right here!
- Choose the right shoe — I have a pair of leopard ankle boots that are the perfect leopard print, but they’re just a clunky pair of boots that make my feet look a little bigger than I’d like. I’ve also had leopard flats that are a nice fit and shape, but the leopard print looks cheap. Don’t choose a statement shoe just cause it’s fun and bold…make sure it’s one that’s worth your dollars and they’re flattering on your feet, comfortable, and versatile!
I bought THIS PAIR OF GLITTER SNEAKERS during the Nordstrom Sale, and although they’re glittery, the dark glitter makes them a little more subdued.
Here’s how I styled these sneakers, using my tips above:
- I kept the rest of my outfit fairly simple with a graphic tee and light wash jeans. Nothing competing for attention with the glitter sneakers.
- I balanced the dark shoes by wearing a dark colored shirt, and then the light wash jeans create some contrast.
- The shoes are incredibly comfortable and a versatile sneaker I can wear with shorts, dresses, skirts, jeans, and pants.
More statement shoe outfit ideas
I did a whole post RIGHT HERE with a bunch of statement shoe outfits…
Heels, boots, flats, sneakers, and more!
Now go wear your statement shoes!
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST, YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE POSTS