Mary Poppins Costume DIY
Need a last minute Halloween costume? This Mary Poppins Costume DIY Tutorial only takes about 30 minutes to put together and looks amazing!
It’s almost Halloween and I have some costume DIY projects for you!
Hop over to ModernGirlSewing.com and check out the Beginner’s course where you’ll learn all the skills to make yourself this skirt. Then click through after the page break to find the rest of the tutorial to put together this easy DIY Mary Poppins costume.
Materials needed for the Mary Poppins costume
For the skirt:
Other materials for the costume
- White button up blouse
- Red ribbon (I purchased mine at Jo-Ann’s)
- Black tights
- Black shoes
- Carpet bag (mine is c/o Nena and Co — this one is $35 and very similar!)
Materials to make Mary Poppins hat
- black bowler hat (I bought this one)
- silk daisies (purchased in the flower section at Jo-Ann’s)
- fake holly berries (also from the floral section at Jo-Ann’s)
- hot glue
- floral wire
How to make Mary Poppins hat
- Lay your hat on a flat surface. Cut the individual daisies off of the bunch, leaving 2-3 inch stems.
- Determine your placement for your flowers. Use floral wire to create little bundles, and then hot glue into place.
- Once the flowers are in place, hot glue the berries into place. And you’re done — so easy!!
Step 1. Lay your hat on a flat surface. Cut the individual daisies off of the bunch, leaving 2-3 inch stems.
Step 3. Once the flowers are in place, hot glue the berries into place. And you’re done — so easy!!Now hop over to ModernGirlSewing and get going on the beginner course so you can make a Mary Poppins or Tinkerbell costume!